6 Reasons to Obsess Over the Man Bun (No, Not Those Buns)

The one. The only. The Man Bun. It’s the hottest thing to hit this campus in, well, ever. More and more women are moving away from the scruffy facial hair and are now gawking over men’s upswept ‘dos. Although I believe mun, a man’s bun, should be a household term, sadly it is not. I can think of a MILLION (literally) reasons to love muns, but I’ll limit it to the following six:

1.  Better than Bed Head

Surely, there’s nothing worse than walking into your 8AM and seeing a bad case of bed head on your crush. You know that class cutie across the room has the potential to be a 9/10 with those long locks and facial structure. Yet, he still comes to class everyday, EVEN syllabus week, with his hair looking like a rat’s nest. If only he knew how easy they are and the power they have over Collegiette’s hearts!

2.  Casual or Classic

Man buns are the perfect hairstyle for any look! That’s why we can see them sported in every sort of occasion: across campus, college cuties rock them to the red carpet where Jared Leto commands every woman’s eye. There are truly no rules when it comes to man buns and their versatility is unmatched. No matter what your type is, your man will look 1000 times better with a bun atop his head, guaranteed (it’s scientifically proven).

3.  Accentuates Facial Structure

Girls go crazy for chiseled jawlines and even though we don’t like admitting it, we all know we spent half of Magic Mike staring at Channing Tatum’s defined jaw. Remember that awful middle school, swoopy hair look? (RIP- you won’t be missed). Well, behind every Bieber haircut are cheekbones and jawlines waiting to be seen. The solution? Man buns! They open up his face, allowing you to actually see his eye color for once. Muns are a powerful tool when it comes to accentuating structure.

4.  Shows Their Personality

What can you tell about a man rocking a pony? Well, he’s got guts. Men who try this look put themselves out there on display. It’s as if he knows that girls will automatically compare his hair to that killer bun they saw (on the way to class) earlier that day. He’s edgy, fun, and daring. If there’s one person you ever find yourself talking to in your class, make sure it’s the guy with the mun.

5.  Killer in Any Weather

Raining? Up in a pony! Sunny and 75? Pony it! There is no weather where this look won’t be appreciated and I mean that. Rain or shine, it’s pony time!

6.  Not Subjected to Any Season

Seasonal trends are the absolute worst. The most upsetting thing about No Shave November lies in the title; it only comes once a year for a pitiful 30 days. You can feast your eyes on these babies 365 days a year.

Without a doubt, I am a firm believer in muns and think every man can rock it with the right attitude. So next time you see a boy with long locks, offer him your hair tie. Let’s make this world a better place, Collegiette’s, one mun at a time.

Taylor is a sophomore at the Florida State University. She enjoys Thai food, sunshine and when guac doesn’t cost extra. If you can’t find her around campus she is most likely in bed watching Parks and Rec on repeat. She is on the eternal search for the indie bearded Chuck Bass & is currently accepting applications. She has (finally) chosen to pursue a degree in Editing, Writing, and Media!!
Her Campus at Florida State University.