6 Delicious Fall Drinks to Make for Game Days

Football season is here, Collegiettes! We’re sure that you’re not only excited about the intense, spirit-filled games, but also this new fall weather that has come with the month of October. Now that you’ve ditched your tank tops for your warm garnet and gold cardigans and scarfs, why don’t you switch up your drink menu too?

Say hello to your new go-to recipes for fall festivities on game days! Autumn brings warm smells and ingredients like cinnamon, apples, pumpkin and more. Check out these delicious recipes to use for those early afternoon games or even on cool night games. After all, FSU plays the Louisville Cardinals this weekend!

Apple Cinnamon Fall Sangria

Ingredients:

6 apples (Gala)

3 pears

750mL cinnamon whiskey

1 bottle Pinot Grigio

64oz bottled apple cider

1 liter club soda

Cinnamon sticks to garnish (optional)

As you get ready for the football game, make sure to prepare this delicious drink about two hours before your tailgate! Dice the apples and pears into small cubes and place them into a bowl or large jar. Pour the cinnamon whiskey over the fruit and cover it allowing it to soak for 2 hours. Then pour in the rest of the ingredients, serve your drink over ice and smell the sweet aroma of fall as you celebrate.

Courtesy: Tasty

Apple Pie Punch

Ingredients:

1 apple

1 quart apple cider

2 cups pear nectar

24 ounces ginger ale

1 cup Pearl Apple Pie Vodka or Caramel Vodka

This drink is good with or without the alcohol, and it’s also good cold or hot. For game days that start to get chilly, simmer all the liquid ingredients in a pot over a stove on low heat. Once warm, place the apple slices in the pot and serve in mugs. If you prefer a cold drink, combine all the ingredients, stir well, and add ice!

Courtesy: The Cookie Rookie

Pumpkin Spice White Russian

4 Tablespoon Kahlua

3 Tablespoon Coffee-mate Pumpkin Spice liquid Creamer

1 ½ Tablespoon Vanilla Vodka

2 to 3 tsp. canned pumpkin puree

Sprinkling of pumpkin pie spice

It wouldn’t be a fall drink without some pumpkin flavors! Combine all the ingredients in a cocktail glass and stir. Add some ice to your drink and sprinkle some pumpkin pie spice to finish it off. This drink is awesome if you love the creaminess of the creamer and spice from the pumpkin. This drink will make you think you’re taking a bite from a slice of pumpkin pie with whipped cream-infused vodka.

Courtesy: The Kitchen is my Playground

Caramel Apple Pie Cocktail

Ingredients

1 cup apple cider

1 ounce Pinnacle Caramel Apple Vodka

1 ounce Rumchata

Ice

If you’re craving something sweet, creamy, and strong, why not opt for this cocktail as you enjoy preparing for a glorious game. Combine the cider, vodka, and Rumchata with a few ice cubes in a cocktail shaker and shake the mixture for 30 seconds. Strain the drink into a glass and garnish with caramel and cinnamon sugar if you wish!

Courtesy: Shake Bake and Party

Apple, Pumpkin Beer Cocktails

Ingredients:

8 ounces bourbon

9 ounces apple cider

2 ½ ounces lemon juice

12 ounces pumpkin ale

Cinnamon sticks and cranberries for garnish

If you’re in the mood for something different, then why not try this cocktail that has a little bit of everything that makes up fall. Mix all the liquids, except for the beer, in the cocktail shaker with ice. Then pour the mixture into glasses, add some beer, and garnish with cranberries and cinnamon sticks. This drink will have everyone at your tailgate in love with the different flavors and smells combined to make this amazing drink.

Courtesy: Cooking and Beer

Pumpkin Pie Sangria

Ingredients:

1 bottle sweet moscato

½ cup libby’s pumpkin pie mix

24 ounces goya mango juice

½ cup butterscotch schnapps or pumpkin pie flavored vodka

½ cup maple syrup

1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

1 large apple sliced

1 large sliced orange

What’s better than pumpkin pie? The sweet taste of moscato combined with the punch of pumpkin flavored vodka. Make this delicious and very simple sangria by adding all the ingredients into a pitcher and mix it all together. For a stronger taste from the fruit, prepare it a couple of hours before the festivities. This sangria will drive all the pumpkin lovers crazy as they get ready for game days. 

Courtesy: That’s So Michelle

These drink recipes are sure to make a statement and be a huge hit at any tailgate this football season or at any party in general. Have fun embracing this wonderful new season filled with delicious smells and cool weather Collegiettes!

Remember to have fun, but to also drink responsibly. Please do not drink and drive.

Amanda loves to write creatively on her spare time. When she isn't studying for her double major in both Psychology and Editing, Writing, and Media, Amanda is in the kitchen cooking up some dinner or baking sweet treats. She is a kid at heart and will never be too old for anything Disney. Amanda aspires to become a producer and writer for future video games.
Her Campus at Florida State University.