5 Weekend Road Trips You Need to Take ASAP

Too stressed to think? Need a weekend away from reality? Grab your best friends and a bikini! Here are the top places in Florida to road trip to when you need a little TLC.

1. Seaside, Fla. 

The setting for Jim Carey’s The Truman Show, Seaside is one of the prettiest places to visit in Florida. There’s a record store, plenty of coffee shops, a plethora of Mexican food, and delicious food trucks to eat at! If you wake up early enough, enjoy the farmers market on Saturday morning and browse the local vendors. The best means of transportation in this little city is beach cruiser, which you can rent from several different stores. After your long, fun-fueled day, unwind by watching the sunset on the beach with a Pina Colada (if you’re 21 of course) in hand. Ever wonder where everyone gets those 30A stickers? Be sure to pick one up while you’re in town!

2. Pensacola, Fla.

The nickname “World’s Whitest Beaches” definitely fits for this small city. While you’re here, enjoy the beautiful Gulf water, relax in the hammocks available to the public, and watch the sunset at Bayview Dog Park. Grab your beach cruisers (or rent them) and ride down to Fort Pickens. It’s supposedly haunted but if you’re up for it, visit the Fort at night to see for yourself.  The waves here are nothing special, but it makes for a perfect skim boarding session or an easy swim. There are plenty of good eats, including Bagelheads and Cactus Flower, and Gulf Coast Brewery has the best brews in town. Pro tip: the Holiday Inn has a lazy river open to the public! Be sure to check it out!

3. Clearwater, Fla. 

For those feeling a bit adventurous? Head to Caladesi Island to enjoy some kayaking and canoeing. Travel into downtown Tampa for modernized Mexican at The Green Lemon and see the “You Are Beautiful” mural painted on the side. Naturally, the beach is the best place to be in Clearwater, so enjoy it while you’re there!

4. Destin, Fla. 

This secret celebrity vacation destination is full of all the touristy good stuff. Work on your tan on the beach, or swim out to Crab Island and play around on the sand bar! Enjoy some sautéed, boiled, or fried shrimp at Bubba Gumps and shop around at the outlet mall. The Gulfarium is home to many sea critters you have the pleasure of seeing, and if you want to feel like a kid again visit Big Kahuna Water Park.

5. St. Petersburg, Fla. 

St. Pete is a small city with good vibes. There are tons of bars to explore, record stores to browse in, and lots of great food. Visit the #1 attraction in the city, The Salvador Dalí Museum, to see the largest collection of Dali art outside of Europe. Go on the Walking Mural Tour Saturday morning to see all the awesome art pieces all over the city. If none of those activities sound exciting, there’s always the beach!

All images courtesy of Pinterest.