5 Ways to Finish the Semester Off Strong

Now that the time for bikinis and besties has come to an end, it can be hard to get back on your grind! Spring break may have felt like a little taste of summer, but it’s important to step back into reality once the week ends. It’s most important to prioritize academics so that you can finish the semester off strong. However, the distractions can be overwhelming, so here are a few tips to get back on track after the break!

1. Map out the rest of your semester.

Courtesy: Space and Quiet

If you don’t already have a planner or agenda of some kind, INVEST IN ONE! This will be your best friend every single day of the year for the rest of your college career. Planners are perfect for long-term organization, which is great for any college student. When you come back from break, lay out all of your syllabi and jot down every exam and due date you have for the rest of the semester. This is the perfect way to visually organize your academic responsibilities so that you don’t slip up in any of your classes.

2. Organize your workspace.

Courtesy: Instagram

It can feel impossible to get focused when you’re surrounded by chaos. The best way to avoid this is to organize your workspace and get rid of all the clutter! The more clutter you have on your desk, the more there will be going on to distract you. Besides, being surrounded by a mess will do nothing but stress you out. Having a clean and open workspace will allow you to concentrate on what really matters: your work!

3. Do a little spring cleaning.

Courtesy: Pinterest

Chances are that in the stress of packing for spring break, you may have left a little bit of a mess behind. It’s okay! We’re all human. But before you get back to the grind, you should probably tackle the pile of clothes on your chair or the layer of dust happily resting on your countertops. Living in a clean and fresh-smelling environment will allow you to feel more organized and at ease!

4. Establish a reward system for yourself.

Courtesy: Society 6

When setting your goals, you’ll probably work a little harder if there’s a reward waiting for you at the end. While you start to map out future assignments and due dates, set rewards for your progress! Maybe you’ll treat yourself to a donut after every 30 pages you read. Maybe you’ll enjoy a night out with your friends if you finish an assignment early. The possibilities are endless so decide on a system that will motivate YOU to work to your fullest potential!

5. Most importantly, prioritize your mental health!

Courtesy: Pinterest

It goes without saying that the end of the semester is a pretty stressful time. Don’t beat yourself up if you get your midterm grade back and it wasn’t what you expected. Don’t pressure yourself to pull all-nighters every night at the library. It’s important to remember that you will have failures with every success and bad days with every good one. Take time out of every day to do something that you love, whether that be meditating, going to the gym or just watching a few episodes of your current Netflix obsession. Just remember to take care of yourself and put your health before any class or test.

School: Florida State University Year: Senior Major: Editing, Writing, and Media
Her Campus at Florida State University.