If you are anything like me, you love food. And I’m talking about all types of food – from burgers to pizza to Asian food. Exploring the culinary experience and the world of flavors is one of the best parts of being in a new city or town, and Tallahassee is no exception. From amazing breakfast options, café’s, burgers and tacos, Tallahassee has a couple of tasty options for everyone to explore. Here are five options that will tantalize your taste buds and, possibly, send you to food heaven!

1. The Lunchbox (295 N. Magnolia Dr., Tallahassee, FL 32301

Looking for an authentic and delicious breakfast or brunch option? Look no further than North Magnolia Street, where the famous Lunchbox stands! Remember those old-fashioned, box lunchboxes that had your favorite superhero or cartoon? This place is full of them – and full of your favorite breakfast treats, such as juicy omelets, warm pancakes, and fluffy waffles.

Courtesy: Yelp

2. The Mann’s Doghouse (1414 W Tennessee St., Tallahassee, FL. 32304)

If you’re looking for that perfect juicy, tender, all-out burger option – look no further than The Mann’s Doghouse on Tennessee Street. You might have spotted The Mann’s Doghouse by The Strip after a fun night out, as they first started as a food truck. With options such as “The Doghouse Burger,” piled high with hand-cut fries and applewood smoked bacon to “The Big Texan Burger,” topped with BBQ sauce, jalapenos, fried onion straws, and applewood smoked bacon, The Mann’s Doghouse definitely brought all the dogs out as the best burgers in Tallahassee.

P.S. – all mushroom lovers, definitely try the “Shroom’ & Swiss Burger” – unforgettable!

Courtesy: Yelp

3. La Tiendita (1840 N. Monroe St., Tallahassee, FL. 32303)

If you’ve been seeking authentic, euphoria-like Mexican food in Tallahassee- we’ve got you covered. With juicy meats such as beef, chorizo, and shredded chicken, and tacos filled with onions, cilantro, and home-made guacamole, La Tiendita takes you to a guacamole and taco-filled Mexican paradise. And how can we forget?! Tacos are only $1.75.

If tacos aren’t your forte, they also have juicy burritos, enchiladas, and delicious rice bowls, topped with chips and guacamole and home-made salsa that will satisfy your Mexican-food cravings like no other.

4. Momo’s Pizza (1416 W. Tennessee St., Tallahassee, FL. 32304)

If you’re looking for some New York style pizza in Tallahassee, Momo’s has you covered with “slices as big as your head.” From 16” to 30” slices, Momo’s satisfies your hunger and your pizza-cravings with every single bite. Momos offers the classic pepperoni slice or, if you’re feeling a little adventurous, try any one of their specialties such as the Kung Fu Pie, an “oriental flavored mix of pineapples, broccoli, roasted red peppers, red onions and garlic topped with secret sweet and spicy sauce;” the Philly, filled with ground beef, tomatoes, green peppers, onions, ricotta, parmesan and mozzarella; or the BBQ Chicken, filled with “juicy chicken chunks, cheddar and mozzarella cheeses, jalapenos, red onions and tangy barbeque sauce.” Step out of your comfort zone, grab some friends and chow down that “bigger than your head slice” with Momo’s Pizza!

Courtesy: Instagram

5. Diva Pops (2121 W. Pensacola St., Tallahassee, FL. 32304 Unit B1)

And finally, after scarfing down all that mouth-watering Tallahassee food, I bet you’re craving some dessert – right?! Diva Pops, Tallahassee’s 1st alcohol-infused ice cream, handcrafted rolled ice cream, and pop shop, has the solution for you. With hand-made flavor rolled ice-cream such as Avacolada, Blueberry Lemonade, Hibiscus Mango, Watermelon Margarita and many more – Diva Pops cools down those year-long summers in Tallahassee with unique and tasty ice cream. Just let the photo speak for itself! Please enjoy responsibly.

Courtesy: Instagram​

Hi! My name is Krysten Brenlla, an FSU senior double majoring in Public Relations & Editing Writing & Media, from beautiful Miami, Florida. I'm an aspiring Integrated Marketing guru, with a passion for movies, television shows, mystery books (Agatha Christie all the way) and finally, writing!
Her Campus at Florida State University.