toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Steps to Improve Your Halloween Hangover

Her Campus does not condone underage drinking. Please drink responsibly.

Everyone knows that Talloween is one of the craziest, most fun and most ill-fated times of the year. When you wake up from your stupor, your head is pounding and you’ve probably already puked at least once before your groggy senses returned to you. The mere thought of moving from your bed to remove your costume makeup, pee or (God forbid), go to work, causes the onset of nausea. These five hangover tips will hopefully help you avoid a disastrous aftermath to your previously awesome night:

1. Set an alarm before you go out, or have your D.D. call you in the morning.

Courtesy: Balancing Ellie

If you have work, class, a speech, a meeting or literally any important event the day after you decide to party it up, you should be sure to set alarm reminders on your phone (we recommend multiple since one doesn’t always work) so you aren’t running late. If you had a friend who so generously decided to DD for you the night before, also ask her to give you a call the next morning to make sure you’re up!

2. Leave yourself reminders to drink water.

Courtesy: The Odyssey Online

Everyone knows that when you get home after a long night out, you are extremely suggestible. If you have left yourself some post-it notes scattered about to drink some water, your disheveled self just might take the hint. If she does, you’ll be way better off in the morning!

3. Eat, eat, eat!

Courtesy: Huffington Post

Honestly, every woman loves to eat. So just make sure you eat something substantial before you go out.

4. Leave Advil by your bedside.

If Ironman can’t make it through the night without some Advil the next day, you sure as hell can’t. Remember to leave some by your bedside table with a cup of water before you go out so you can have some to take as soon as you wake up the next morning.

5. Take a nap.

Courtesy: Tenor GIF Keyboard

If you have finished with your big meeting or shift at work (or maybe it was canceled!), then taking a nap would be a great way for your body to begin to recuperate from the long night that you had previously. Even though it doesn’t directly help with hangover symptoms, the less drained your body is, the easier it’ll be able to overcome the rough night you just had.

Don’t worry about thanking us for all these useful tips, after all, what are friends for?

A major in Criminology with an interest in everything else
Her Campus at Florida State University.