5 Resolutions Every FSU Student Needs to Have in 2020

We finally made it!

We have said goodbye to a decade filled with trials, tribulations, celebrations and unforgettable moments all over the world. So, it seems we’re right back to that time where we are regrouping and trying to create a plan for being our best selves as we take in 2020. With that said, I believe that aside from our personal resolutions, there are a few things that all of us here at Florida State University could work on to make 2020 the best year yet on campus. 

1. Explore More around Campus & Tallahassee

I have come to realize that there is so much more to our beautiful campus and the city of Tallahassee than lecture halls and parties. In the past few weeks, I have rounded up some of my friends and went on a few spontaneous adventures around the area. I grabbed my camera and we had a photoshoot at Railroad Square Art District, went on a night out at the North Florida Fair, and we have gone cosmic bowling with a big group of friends at Seminole Bowl. The thing about making the most of your college experience is not only getting involved on campus and going to class, but it’s also about building relationships with people and trying new things. Not to mention, everyone could use a change of scenery every now and again. So, grab some friends, get creative, and go have some fun somewhere you haven’t been. I promise it will make for some good laughs and a great time. 

Courtesy: Florida State University News

2. Chase down that GPA, baby!

I’m confident that I am not the only one wanting to raise my GPA and do better in my classes. There is always room for improvement, and changes can always be made for the better because there is no such thing as perfection. With this said, we Seminoles pulled off quite a feat last year, and that was reaching Top 20 in the National Public University rankings. I’m not saying it’s going to be easy, but if we all put forth our best effort (which we definitely should in 2020), Top 15 and Top 10 are not that far out of reach! So set your academic goals this year for personal reasons, but keep in mind how your personal academic goals will contribute to the Florida State name!

3. Develop a better routine or schedule

Once again, easier said than done, but still very doable! No one wants to take an 8 a.m. class or a late afternoon lecture, but no one wants to fall behind on sleep. With the demanding schedule that comes with being a college student, it seems like there aren’t enough hours in the day. I will admit that I am the first to sign up to have my first class at noon and lose half of my day sleeping. This semester, I willingly signed up for an 8 a.m. class with the intention of having my classes done by noon and have the rest of the day to study and tend to my other responsibilities. They say it takes anywhere from 44 to 60 days to create a habit, so if you decide to put it into practice you might be surprised at how easily you take to your new routine. Create a routine beneficial to you and your to-do list, and you might just find that there is enough time in the day to get all your stuff done with time to spare for adventure and fun. 

4. Better your health with university resources

The new year is always the time where we want to get in the gym and get fit, but are we always committed? Maybe not. But 2020 can be the breakthrough you needed! Since returning from winter break, I have been signing up for a variety of fitness classes offered at the Leach with some friends. From kickboxing and yoga to spin and dance, there’s something for everyone at any location on campus. Why pay for a gym membership when you get everything included in your tuition? However, health is not just physical. Let 2020 be the year that we make an effort to grow in our mental health as well. Here at FSU, students have access to free counseling and therapy on campus. There seems to be a stigma surrounding therapy but there shouldn’t be. There’s nothing wrong with wanting to talk to someone, and it can be extremely refreshing to have an outside perspective. To find out more about these resources, just visit the FSU webpage here for all the information on these resources and many other campus tools you can utilize to work on that health grind this year!

Courtesy: Chop Chat

5. Rock the Seminole Spirit!

We might be a basketball school, but we are also a spirited school (apologies for the cringe, but where is the lie?). We have a new football head coach, so the possibilities are endless. Change doesn’t happen night and day, but we have to remain hopeful. Only time will tell what direction our Noles are headed in, but we might be able to help that if we keep rooting for them! Besides, just because we might have missed the mark this past football season doesn’t mean that we don’t have lots to celebrate at FSU. So, mark your calendars, claim your free student tickets, and do the war chant like it’s nobody’s business because it’s a great time to be a Seminole. 

It’s a new year; a clean slate, so why not make the absolute most of it? With so much opportunity surrounding us and lots to celebrate, there is no reason for us not to make 2020 the best year yet at Florida State. 

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest!

Hi there! My name is Fran and I am a sophomore at Florida State University. I am a freelance blogger aside from being a full-time student and participating in campus activities and organizations. I am an aspiring influencer and hope to grow my audience to inspire people to embrace their individuality and share their stories. To see more of my work and passions follow me on instagram @francasaine and keep in touch!
Her Campus at Florida State University.