5 Reasons to See the FSU Flying High Circus Spring Show

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls! Let me welcome you to the FSU Flying High Circus!

Florida States’ Circus is one of two collegiate circuses in the United States. Our circus has been a tradition since 1947 and continues to live on! They wow-ed us in their Halloween Series and now they’re back for more! Make sure to get yourself a seat at the FSU Flying High Circus!

1. It’s FREE!

Well it’s free for students at least. If you’re looking for something to do on the weekend but you don’t want to spend a fortune, you should head on over the circus tent and prepare yourself to be amazed! The student tickets available are limited, so I suggest you get there a little early.

2. It’s funny!

The spring show is not only breathtaking but it’s also hilarious! Since it’s a circus, they have to have clowns. Clowning in the circus is one of my favorite acts. Clowning is also important to the circus because they allow time to reset and rig (or set up) a new act. The whole time keeping you entertained and giggling all the way through the show!

3. Your breath will be taken away!

Watch your fellow students flying high in the air on cloud swing, trapeze, and more! You’ll be amazed by type wire and the Chinese Pole. Those are all just a few of my favorites but there is much, much, more! It’s crazy seeing someone you have class with transformed into wild circus performers. Or just realizing that everyone in the circus are amateurs.

4. There are shows all month!

The FSU Circus gives you ample opportunities to come out and see the show. There are shows every weekend during the entire month of April! The students preforming do not receive any class credit either—they preform nine shows simply for the audience’s entertainment. The spring shows are on the following days:

Thursday, March 31 7:00 p.m. (Special Show for FSU Faculty, Staff and Students)

Friday, April 1 7:00 p.m.

Saturday, April 2 2:00 p.m.

Friday, April 8 7:00 p.m.

Saturday, April 9 7:00 p.m.

Sunday, April 10 2:00 p.m.

Friday, April 15 7:00 p.m.

Saturday, April 16 2:00 p.m.

Saturday, April 16 8:00pm

*Doors open one hour before show. 

5. This is your last chance to see this show!

Every two years the Flying High Circus creates a new show theme. 2016 is the second year of the show “Action!” which is based on Hollywood. Every act had a theme that corresponds to some genre of movies. If you are a movie lover, you will love this! Next school year (2016-2017) there will be a new show and “Action!” will be gone forever. So don’t miss out on seeing this show before it’s gone!

The FSU Flying High Circus is proud to present a breath-taking, hilarious, and mystifying show for people of all ages! So bring your friends and family and prepare to have a good time! 

Hi! My name is TyLeah and I am a freshman at Florida State University!
Her Campus at Florida State University.