5 Places You Should Visit This Summer

It’s been a long time coming and it’s safe to say that this semester is almost over! Summer is just around the corner, and soon enough you’ll be hanging out with friends and hitting up the beach to soak up some sun. Summer is also the perfect time to vacation. The weather is nice, and you have nothing else to worry about except relaxing and having a good time. If you haven’t finalized your summer plans, you should consider traveling. Here is a list of 10 places that you should visit this summer:

1. San Francisco, California

San Francisco has been rated as one of the best places to visit in the U.S. While you’re in San Fran, make sure to stop by and see the historic Golden Gate Bridge and the oldest Chinatown in North America. Hop onto one of the city’s cable cars and make a stop at Fisherman’s Wharf for a fun day of shopping at PIER39. 

2. Washington, DC

Our nation’s capital is one of the most beautiful and most historic places that you can visit in the United States. There are so many places to see while you’re in DC! Depending on your interests, they have everything from shopping to fine restaurants and a ton of museums. While you’re in Washington, make sure you visit the United States Capitol National Mall, stop by the White House, and say hello to our president. If you’re more into things like shopping, hit up Friendship Heights and Union Station. 

3. San Diego, California

If you are in San Diego this summer, definitely make sure to hit the beach ASAP! With over 33 beaches, you’ll have plenty to choose from. Other fun and popular activities to do in San Diego include visiting the San Diego zoo, Balboa Park and La Jolla Cove.

4. New York

New York is the place to be year round, you can never go wrong with a trip to the big apple. There are so many things to do in New York; you could spend the entire summer there if you wanted to. The statue of Liberty, Central Park, Madison Square Garden, and the Empire State Building are all must-sees if you’ve never been to New York. New York has some of the best Broadway and musical shows all around so make sure to attend at least one while you are there. All of the best include Aladdin, The Audience, Beautiful, The Book of Mormon, Cabaret, and Chicago

5. Maui, Hawaii

The Island of Hawaii is considered one of the most exotic and beautiful destinations worldwide. Maui is the largest Hawaiian island after Hawaii. Aside from all the beaches in Maui, there is a lot of beautiful landscape to see as well. Home of the highest peak in Maui, Haleakal National Park is at the top of the list along with Kula Botanical Garden, and the historic village of Lahaina. 

Her Campus at Florida State University.