andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Movies That Give Us Wanderlust

Movies: an hour and a half (sometimes longer) escape from everyday reality. It’s no surprise that they can give us wanderlust to places we have never been and people we’ve never seen, making us crave the adventure and the amazing sites that await our visit. Whether you’re planning your next trip and stuck on where to go, or just constantly craving the need for travel, these movies are sure to give you a taste of what you’re missing.

Courtesy: Giphy

1. The Lizzie McGuire Movie

Of course, this movie is our number one. Lizzie McGuire lived every girl’s dream. After graduating from middle school, Lizzie, and the rest of her graduating class, jet-setted for Europe for a trip that no one would forget. Once she’s mistaken for a pop princess, Lizzie begins to live a double life in Rome and is whisked away by Paolo, the beautiful Italian signer that every girl swoons over. Scenes of Lizzie eating Gelato, throwing a penny into the Trevi Fountain, and getting her heart stolen away by the irresistible Paolo are everything we could have ever wished for our European adventure.  

Courtesy: Youtube

2. Monte Carlo

Sort of like a Lizzie McGuire spin off, Monte Carlo follows Grace (Selena Gomez), a small town waitress, as her, her step sister, Meg (Leighton Meester), and best friend, Emma (Katie Cassidy) travel to Paris for a summer adventure they’ll never forget. They spend their trip in pre-planned tours, going through the motions of the touristy parts of Paris. But, when Grace is mistaken for a big time British socialite, the girls pack their bags and end up on the French Riviera, where they enjoy huge, Gatsby-like parties, the crystal clear beaches and so much more. If you’ve never been to Monte Carlo, let alone the French Riviera, add that to your bucket list because once you’ve seen the beauty that lies in the south of France, you’re going to wish you there.

Courtesy: Giphy

3. Roman Holiday

If old Hollywood classics are your thing (like they are mine), this movie won’t disappoint. Roman Holiday, a classic to Audrey Hepburn lovers everywhere, makes us crave the great adventures that await in Rome. Wanting to escape her never ending princess duties, Audrey Hepburn ends up exploring the city of Rome with Gregory Peck, an American reporter who, once finding out her real identity, believes that he can get an exclusive interview with her. As they spend more and more time together exploring Rome, riding through the city on a Vespa and taking in all the sites, romance soon begins to get in the way of his great story.

Courtesy: The Hollywood Reporter

4. The Devil Wears Prada

As if the wardrobe in this film was not enough to make us jealous, the location of the film makes us crave adventure in the most stylish way possible. Starting off in New York City, Andy (Anne Hatheway) gets a total make-over once she starts working for Miranda Presley (Meryl Streep), the editor in chief at Runway. Even the hustle and bustle scenes in New York give us a taste of that big city life that we all miss. Andy then gets the privilege to accompany Miranda to Paris as her right hand. With a beautiful city and wardrobe to match, we can only dream of having an adventure as stylish as this one.

Courtesy: Giphy

5. Wild

For those who really seek an adventure in the great outdoors and want to experience mother nature first hand, this is the perfect film for you. Reese Witherspoon is no longer that bubbly, blonde bombshell Elle Wood that we see in Legally Blonde. She trades in anything pink and sparkly for hiking boots and a life-changing experience, learning what it truly means to find yourself. After some rough patches come up in life, Cheryl (Reese Witherspoon), plans to hike the Pacific Crest Trail, one of the longest and toughest trails in the country. With no hiking experience and no other drive but to get her life back, Cheryl makes the trek on this long journey of the unknown. 

Her Campus at Florida State University.