Why spend your money on a Halloween costume when the perfect one is sitting in your makeup drawer? Check out some of the looks you can create using makeup you probably already have.

1. Unicorn

This colorful look is easily achievable using various eyeshadows. You pretty much have free range here. We went with different shades of pink and purple, but feel free to use whatever colors compliment your skin tone. Add rhinestones to add a little more glam and sparkle to this whimsical look. 

Courtesy: Daryn Hughes

Tips from Daryn: If you’re not sure where to start, just place the color in the areas of your face that you would normally contour. Also, the rhinestones would hold better using eyelash glue.

Tips from Melizza: Take the look one step further by using colorful products! We used the NYX Color Mascara in Pink Petals and the NYX Vivid Brights Liner in Vivid Blossom.

2. Mermaid

This look may seem a bit intimidating at first, but it’s one of the easiest ones to create! Put a pair of fishnet stockings over your head and start to pack on the color. Blue and green toned eyeshadows will give you an aquatic vibe, but don’t feel confined to them. Feel free to branch out and add in some pink. We used the colors from the Wet and Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Collection. Plus, who wouldn’t want to wear a cute clamshell bra? 

Courtesy: Daryn Hughes

Tips from Melizza: Use a kabuki brush for maximum color payoff. Pat the color onto your face and try not to move the fishnet stockings too much. There isn’t a ton of blending required for this look so it’s great for beginners!

3. Glam Kitty

How could we leave out every girl’s go-to Halloween look? Spice up the traditional cat look by adding a glitter lip and a sharp winged liner. Use a bold black liner like the Wet and Wild ProLine Graphic Marker Eyeliner to draw on your whiskers and bring this kitty to life. 

Courtesy: Daryn Hughes

Tips from Daryn: To get this lip, we coated the lips with Vaseline and used a flat eyeshadow brush to tap on the glitter. 

4. Harley Quinn

This look is definitely on trend this year. All you need to look this fierce is red and blue eyeshadow, black liner and a bold red lip. We used the Milani Amor Matte Lip Créme in Devotion. Simply apply the eyeshadow to your eyes, and drag it down to the tops of your cheekbones.

Courtesy: Daryn Hughes

Tips from Melizza: This look is messy which makes it easy for girls who don’t have a lot of experience with makeup. Ask a friend to help “tattoo” your face with a black eyeliner pencil.

5. Skull

If you’re feeling adventurous and want to take a few risks then try this look. We used white and black face paint to get the greatest effect. Warning: This look will take some practice and is not the easiest to achieve.

Courtesy: Daryn Hughes

Tips from Daryn: We painted first and then used black eyeshadow to smoke out the eye socket. This helped to make sure the paint wouldn’t get too close to the eye. We also used the black shadow to contour her face instead of paint for a softer look. 

I'm currently studying Editing Writing & Media and Public Relations at FSU. When I'm not busy, I love scouting out new restaurants, parks and things to do around Tallahassee. And of course I document it all on Instagram! #DoItForTheGram
Her Campus at Florida State University.