ethan robertson SYx3UCHZJlo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ethan robertson SYx3UCHZJlo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Goals You Should Set For The Summer

We still have a couple more weeks left in the semester and yes, finals still haven’t come up yet so we have to study and move out before we should even think about summer. But the only thing that’s getting us through the last intense couple weeks is the thought of what lies on the other side: summer! While for most, summer either means a time to lounge around and get a tan or work all day in order to save up for next semester, those late night pizza and beer runs aren’t going to pay for themselves. This summer, challenge yourself to do something more. Rather than the standard summer bucket list (we all know you’re not going to read at least 10 new books. That’s just not happening and that’s okay) challenge yourself to a few new standards that can help you improve yourself. Forget school and padding your resume, this summer is all about you!

Learn to cook

If you don’t already know how, then this is an essential. Learn to make something real, not just a basic pasta dish. At least one recipe that you can use if you ever get invited to a fancy grown up dinner party or you can use to impress your S.O. on date night.

Courtesy: Tumblr

Go outside

It’s all too easy to fall into the trap of staying in your bedroom and watching old reruns of America’s Next Top Model all day, I know this for a fact. Get out of bed and go outdoors. Go to the beach, take a hike, take a long walk with your dog or even sit outside on the back porch and read.

Take a day trip…alone

Florida is full of quaint small towns that are perfect for day trips. Go somewhere new and explore or if you don’t feel up for the drive, go somewhere in your town that you’ve never been to before.

Throw a party

It doesn’t have to be some crazy, drunken rager; in fact, it’s even more fun if it isn’t. Have a fondue party with your closest friends. Have a campout in the backyard – complete with smores of course!

Clean out your closet

Seriously. I know it sounds lame but you are never going to wear your homecoming dress from high school again. Donate or sell whatever you haven’t worn in a while and I promise you will feel relieved.

Summer should be a time to unwind: the school year is full of stress with jobs, internships, classes and clubs. It can be tempting to do as much as you possibly can during the summer but take advantage of the last few summer breaks that you’ll get.

Courtesy: Tumblr 

Elizabeth Dorwart is Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus FSU. When she's not reading, writing, or editing articles, she enjoys trying new recipes from Pinterest or playing with her cats. Feel free to ask her any Taylor Swift trivia because she probably knows the answer.
Her Campus at Florida State University.