5 Fun Things To Do In Tallahassee During The Summer

When I first made the decision to stay in Tallahassee and take classes during the summer, I was disappointed that I wouldn’t be able to have the fun summer I had been planning in my head. However, I soon realized that Tallahassee has some great perks to enjoy even during the summer months! Here are the top 5 best things to do in Tallahassee during the summer:

Photo Credit: menupix.com

1. Day Trip to Wakulla Springs

There’s nothing like taking a day trip with your friends to relax in Wakulla Springs, a picturesque freshwater spring that is very popular among FSU students. Time can be spent swimming and snorkeling in the water, or for those that don’t like to get wet, taking a peaceful riverboat tour!

2. Cookouts

Cookouts are a great way to get a big group of people together and enjoy the summer sun. Tallahassee provides a nice southern location for bringing out the grill and s’mores for a relaxing day.

3. Boutique Shopping

Tallahassee is home to numerous amazing boutiques such as Cole Couture, Henri Girl, and Bella Blu. Spend a day immersed in fashion!

4. Relaxing on Landis Green

Landis Green is a top spot for hanging out with a group of friends on the grass, sunbathing, or reading with a Starbucks drink in hand!

5. Getting Fit in the Stadium

The stadium is home to FSU’s national championship football team, but is also a great location for keeping healthy and fit this summer!

Hollie Morey is a creative writing enthusiast, when she is not studying for her double major in communications and political science! In her free time, Hollie loves to curl up with a great novel or the latest edition of Glamour, as well as catch up on her favorite shows: Pretty Little Liars and Mad Men! Hollie has a particular interest in writing about fashion and local current events and can be found looking on Her Campus for great style tips or for ideas for things to do in Tallahassee!
Her Campus at Florida State University.