5 FSU Female-Led Organizations on Campus to Look Into

When I was a freshman at Florida State, I was not the most involved FSU Seminole. By the time sophomore year rolled around, I decided that I wanted to take part in the FSU community and get involved in something that fit my interests. I’ve noticed throughout my time in college that there are a number of really great female-led organizations here on our campus. If you are similar to me and want to join a strong group of women who love Florida State, then check out the following organizations.

1. Women Student Union

Courtesy: @wsu_fsu on Instagram

The Florida State Women Student Union is dedicated to helping bring attention to women’s issues and to developing programs and activities that reach out to women. To get involved, join one of their committees, such as the Historian Committee, the Political Actions Committee and the Women’s History Month Committee. The Historian Committee works on the HerVoice publication which preserves the Women Student Union history. The Political Actions Committee plans the programs and activities that advocate for women on campus. The Women’s History Month Committee organizes the programming during Women’s History Month. The programs range from relevant topics in politics to fun social events.

2. Delta Nu Zeta

Courtesy: @deltanuzetafsu on Instagram

For those of you who wish to join a social group, Delta Nu Zeta (DNZ) is a service sorority on campus that also hosts events and socials. DNZ is involved with Dance Marathon, Relay for Life and their philanthropy, Companion Animal Rescue Endeavor. They value acceptance, personal and academic growth, diversity and charity in their organization. Delta Nu Zeta is a great way to get to know women who are passionate about sisterhood and service.

3. Lady SpiritHunters

Courtesy: @ladyspirithunters on Instagram

Lady Spirithunters (LSH) is a spirit-based organization committed to spreading school spirit and supporting the athletic department by painting war stripes on fans during varsity sporting events. Lady Spirithunters also hosts events such as formal, semi-formal, a trip to an FSU away game and more. LSH participates in community service with FSU through Dance Marathon, Relay for Life and their philanthropy Camp Kesem. If you are full of school spirit and want to participate in upholding our traditions, LSH is the perfect opportunity for you to do so!

4. Women in Business

Courtesy: @fsuwib on Instagram

If you are looking for a professional organization to help you excel in your career goals with like-minded women, there are a number of them on campus. Women in Business at FSU offers workshops and guest speakers that will help you learn how to stand out in the business field. They work on improving useful business skills like creating or updating your LinkedIn profile, networking and interviewing. Other professional groups for women on campus include Black Women in Medicine, Women in Prelaw, Society of Women Engineers and more.

5. Her Campus

Courtesy: @hercampusfsu on Instagram

Last but not least, if you are passionate about reading and writing, come join us here at Her Campus FSU as a writer for the spring semester! We are ecstatic to add more gals to our girl gang because we truly believe each of us has a voice worth hearing. Her Campus is also a great way for you to practice your writing skills and start a writing portfolio that you can add to a resume or show to future employers. We write about everything from news to lifestyle to events happening in the area. Check out the application on our Instagram or head over to ask us questions at Market Wednesdays.

All of these organizations are at the involvement fairs which take place at the start of each semester. Most of them also table during Market Wednesday, so feel free to stop by if you have any questions about recruitment or want to know more about what they do. If you do not see something you are interested in, the Nole Central website also has every student organization on campus to help you find something to fit your interests.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!

Literature major at FSU. Lover of Pinterest, books, a good cup of tea, and Disney.
Her Campus at Florida State University.