5 Emotions I Felt While Watching Call Me by Your Name

So, I saw Call Me by Your Name at the Student Life Cinema and lemme tell you, my life has been forever changed. I know I may be a little late to the party since it did come out in January but here we are. If you’re looking for a movie that will stay alive in your mind and won’t leave your daydreams for a week, then this is the one for you. The two hours we spent in the theater were an emotional rollercoaster filled with tears and laughs and some uncomfortable giggling, all of which made the movie the piece of art that it truly is. So here are five things I felt while watching, I hope you can relate!

1. Lust

Okay sorry, but I had to write this… The two main actors, Armie Hammer and Timothée Chalamet, are both very beautiful men with very excellent style. The movie is set in the 1980s, which was a decade of iconic fashion like high tops and Oxfords. Both men sport the style just like models and make for the most beautiful couple in Italy, and I’m not being dramatic. Despite the 80s vogue, the men had such passionate onscreen chemistry, even though both actors are straight, and brought the characters’ love story to life.

2. Uncomfortable giggling

You may not have been expecting this one if you haven’t seen the movie, but if you have, then you probably know which part I’m referring to. There was a lot of nervous laughing in the theater. There’s a scene with a peach. That is all I will say.

3. Genuine laughter

It’s obvious that everyone had an amazing time filming this movie, especially with the improvised scenes that showed the true, silly side of the actors. Since watching the movie, I have seen every interview and related video on YouTube so I am well versed in the making of the movie. Many scenes were improvised, those being the funniest and most down to earth.

Source: Seventh Row

4. Tears

Before seeing the movie, a friend told me to get ready to cry. Me, having the emotional stability of a flower, took this warning to heart so I prepared myself with plenty of tissues. I won’t be that person and ruin the end for you but I will tell you to get ready for waterworks. I don’t care if you can watch The Notebook without crying, bring your Kleenex.

5. Joy

The movie is set and filmed in a humble northern Italian villa, a sleepy Mediterranean town baking under the summer sun. Lombardy, a perfect place for a passionate summer romance, is the most idealistic place to spend a summer. It’s so enjoyable to watch the characters live the Italian life as they enjoy delicious dinners outside their home, swim in local ponds and venture to the cobblestone street village.

If you’re looking for a feel-good movie, then this movie will satisfy you but it might make you a little teary-eyed. Honestly, I’m just gonna go ahead and call this my favorite movie of all time. There, I said it. So, go see it! Or see it again, either works.

As a rising senior at Florida State University, Jenna loves to play Ultimate Frisbee, write, run, read, edit and everything in between. She is a current Lifestyle intern at Her Campus in Boston and is currently discovering the city girl she never knew she was. She is so open to new people and experiences and is excited to see what the world has to offer. Also, dogs. 
Her Campus at Florida State University.