Pizza is one of the staple foods among college students. Thankfully, Tallahassee has a plethora of pizza joints to satisfy any cheesy needs:

1. Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom has to be my favorite pizza. The crust is seasoned perfectly and it’s bready but not too thick. There are endless possibilities with all of the different toppings they offer. This place gives off a hippy-vide with pizza names such as “Thai Dye” and “Kosmic Karma.” Mellow Mushroom is also vegan friendly, offering toppings such as Daiya vegan cheese, tofu and tempeh.

Courtesy: Instagram

Courtesy: Mellow Mushroom

2. Gumby’s

A Tallahassee favorite, Gumby’s offers great pizza at a low price. A Large 14” cheese pizza will run you $5.99. They are mostly known for their Pokey Stix, which are cheesy bread sticks that you can dunk in different sauces. Located conveniently across from The Strip, many people will migrate here after their long night of dancing to satisfy their drunchies.

Courtesy: Instagram

Courtesy: Instagram

3. Gaines Street Pies

Along with everything else located on Gaines Street, this restaurant is very unique. There are comic prints on the wall and on the tables, and the pizzas are divided into “The Heroes” and “The Villans.” They also offer salads, sandwiches and wraps. The pizza selection is similar to Mellow Mushroom in that there is a wide selection and interesting variety. The crust here is thinner but just as delicious! Gaines Street Pies is also known to have the best vegan pizza in Tallahassee. 

Courtesy: Taylor Mitnick

Courtesy: Taylor Mitnick

4. Momo’s

Their tagline is “Slices as big as your head!” and they aren’t kidding. Costing $4.75 per slice (which is definitely all you will need), this a great price to fill you up. Momo’s has a large selection of toppings such as grilled eggplant, fried chicken chunks, and “hot” sausage. They also offer a variety of bread “stix,” calzones and salads.

Courtesy: Instagram

Courtesy: Instagram

5. Isabella’s Pizzeria Napoletana

If you want authentic Italian cuisine, this is the place to go. Isabella’s has almost perfect reviews on Yelp and pictures that will make anyone’s mouth water. There is a diverse menu including salads, antipasti, pizza, calzones, and paninis. If you are over 21, there’s a wide selection of wine and beer to compliment your meal. You can satisfy your sweet tooth with one of the many gelato flavors, from refreshing fruit flavors to oreo. They are also well-known for their nutella pizza! 

Courtesy: Yelp

Courtesy: Yelp

Next time you want to treat yo’self, go to one of these pizza places. Also many of these restaurants have deals on Hooked, so check the app out and save some cash!

Hey my name is Taylor! In my free time I like reading/watching videos about anything beauty related. I have way more lipstick than a girl could ever need, but I will probably buy more. I'm a documentary addict and love learning about new things.
Her Campus at Florida State University.