andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

4 Ways to Have a Stress-Free Spring Break

Spring Break: it’s the glorious week of freedom that we have to ease our minds from tests, papers, and everything else school related. It’s our little reminder that summer isn’t too far away. When you’re traveling, the number one thing everyone is thinking about is enjoying it as much as possible (time flies when you’re having fun, anyway). With that being said, any negative vibes are automatically unwelcome. Going on vacation can naturally bring in some stressful situations, but with the right mindset and attitude, they’re easily avoidable.

1. Travel with good people.

This is probably the most obvious point. Whether you’re going on a cruise, road trip, or just going to the beach an hour out of town, have people with you that you genuinely love to be around. That alone will make whatever excursion you are going on worth it and exactly what you want it to be: fun. Even if you somehow get caught up in a nightmare situation, you’ll still have the right people there to help you laugh about it.

2. Communicate.

Life isn’t perfect, and when you combine that with figuring out what the group wants to do and where everyone wants to eat, and everything else that comes along with a vacation, sometimes people may disagree on what they want to do. The best thing to do is talk it out and come to a conclusion that will leave everyone happy and smiling. The worst thing you can do is harbor negative emotions towards someone on a vacation. It’ll eat away at you the whole week, and you won’t be able to enjoy yourself (plus, it’ll project onto everyone else and put everyone in a bad mood — no one wants that).

3. Keep an open mind, but be realistic at the same time.

Of course, going to a different city or place you’ve never been before is incredibly exciting, and everyone will probably develop a spontaneous streak. That’s obviously something to embrace so you can make the most out of your trip, but keep in mind that it’s a vacation. While you do want to explore, doing a million things at once will only exhaust you, and you won’t be able to take in the beauty of wherever you are to its fullest extent. Pick a few things that look the most interesting to you and your friends and do them. Maybe you’ll end up having the time to squeeze in a couple more activities.

4. Have fun, and more importantly, relax.

As mentioned above, a vacation is supposed to be an awesome and memorable experience that you’ll remember for a lifetime, not a chore. Enjoy the little things, take a lot of pictures, laugh, eat great food, and explore all of the things that your vacation spot has to offer. Take this time to clear your mind and reset before going back to school and finishing off the semester strong. Don’t forget to keep smiling while doing it all!

Haleigh is a 22 year old college student who is slowly but surely getting closer and closer to graduating from the beautiful Florida State University (in May, to be exact). With a love for puppies that's almost too much to handle at times and a slight obsession with sushi, Haleigh is passionate about all things cute and fun, with a hint of sass. Go Noles!
Her Campus at Florida State University.