4 Things to Expect After Thanksgiving

Everyone was itching to jump in the car and get home as soon as possible for Thanksgiving break. With the longest stretch of long weeks in a year, everyone can admit that they’re worn out and exhausted from the excitement of game days, campus activities, and large amounts of school work. Thanksgiving seemed to arrive at the most perfect time, but what do we expect now that break is over? Keep on reading to find out, collegiettes! The semester isn’t over yet!

Two days after Thanksgiving, we are looking at the biggest game of the entire season. That’s right. The UF versus FSU game. It’s the most anticipated game of the entire season, and with the Seminoles’ record right now, there is not a chance that we will see the gators take home this victory. Even the allegations against Jameis Winston right now won’t stop us. Soon after, we will hopefully be heading to the national championships!

We can all look forward to the excitement of finals after break, when the Tallahassee clubs and bars are a ghost town, and Stroz becomes the most popular place to meet up for the evening. Those two long dreaded weeks before Christmas break make everyone shudder in annoyance and aggravation. Let’s admit, after a tease from Thanksgiving, you already feel like you’re on break!

Also, who can forget Black Friday! Black Friday is every fashionista’s day of paradise. The mall is packed to the fullest with sales everywhere you look. Lines begin as early as midnight, and you can find your greatest treasures at this time. Make sure you all hit up Cyber Monday as well, where you can find sales all over your favorite online stores and boutiques.

And after all of this, we can expect winter break. I think all collegiettes can agree that winter break is the most joyous and absolutely wonderful time of the year. After an excruciating week of finals, winter break is paradise. The holiday spirit is everywhere you go, and there is no reason to feel upset. You can reunite with old friends over fall semester experiences and enjoy the comfort of being home again.

With all of this to look forward to, you can’t give up! Right now is when you have to put your motivation to the test and work your absolute hardest not to get distracted by all of the exciting things to come your way! But through the hard work and determination, remember that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I mean, who isn’t looking forward to our victory over the Gators? And I don’t know about you, but I’m stoked to take my finals and get new classes next semester! Not to mention our favorite day of the year, Black Friday! Make sure to stock up your closets for the next season. Soon enough, it will be winter break and you won’t remember any of the distress that these last weeks of the semester gave you. Don’t give up, collegiettes! You got this! 

Maria Losada is a senior at Florida State University pursuing a double major in International Affairs and Editing, Writing and Media. She is driven by her passion for writing and seeks to inspire others through it.  She loves learning about different cultures, languages, and especially enjoys tasting international cuisines!  On her down time you can catch her dancing salsa, reading articles from Her Campus FSU, or daydreaming about her next travel destination. She hopes to live in Washington D.C.  and work for an international development agency."Little by little, one travels far."