4 Reasons Why You Need to Visit Denver ASAP

During our Irma-induced fall break, I went on a trip to Denver, Colorado, and instantly fell in love. It could’ve been the margarita (or two) I had before the flight or the fact that I found out I wasn’t going to miss the FSU vs UM game since it was postponed, but the moment we landed my excitement was uncontainable. During my four-day trip, I was able to experience all that Denver had to offer and I want to share why you, too, should take a trip to the mile high city.

1. Red Rocks Amphitheatre

Have you ever rocked out to your favorite band, in the mountains, with your closest friends? Well, you need to. This mountain-turned-amphitheater is the most acoustic amphitheater in the world and is, arguably, one of the most beautiful sights in Colorado. The fresh mountain air, great music, and a jaw-dropping view of the Colorado horizon are a combination that is unmatched. But be warned: even in mid-September, it can get pretty chilly (aka 50 degrees) so make sure to bring a sweater!

2. The Weather

If my mid-September 50-degree night at Red Rocks Amphitheater wasn’t enough to convince you to make a trip, let me remind you that living in Florida means living in 95% humidity 24/7. In Denver, however, humidity is practically non-existent and that means every day is a good hair day. Whether you’re walking through the outdoor 16th street mall, feeding animals at the Denver Zoo or hiking up a mountain, the weather will be perfect.

3. Location

For those who were born and raised in Florida, like me, then the sight of a mountain range is seemingly unreal. And what’s even more unreal is the fact that it’s a quick thirty-minute drive from the heart of the city to the nearest mountains. To be able to enjoy breakfast in the city, hike a mountain in the afternoon, and make it back for an evening of drinks is, for lack of a better word, AWESOME.

4. Something for Everyone

You might not be a hiker or an avid concertgoer, but don’t let that stop you from visiting the mile high city. Denver *literally* has something for everyone; whether it’s the Botanic Gardens, a day at the Denver Zoo, drinks at a local brewery, or a day of shopping, I guarantee Denver will surpass all expectations.

I know I probably sound like a “Visit Denver” saleswoman, but I promise you this city really is as amazing as I am trying to make it seem. Everyone you meet is kind, the food tastes amazing, and the vibe of the local bars is nearly as good Madison Social and Township. Buy a flight, book an Air B&B, and go visit the highest city in the country, literally.

All photos courtesy of Sara Monaghan.

Go Noles.
Her Campus at Florida State University.