etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

4 Places to Visit on Your Spring Break Road Trip

With spring break looming just around the corner, you might have your travel itinerary already planned out. For those of you who like to procrastinate or don’t know how to spend your break, you’ve come to the right place! There’s nothing like packing your bags, jumping in a car and taking a nice road trip to a new destination. If you don’t know what places you should hit up this spring break, here are a few places that aren’t too far from Tally, but just far enough to put you in vacay mode.

1. World of Coca-Cola – Atlanta, Georgia

Courtesy: The Coca-Cola Company 

Whether you like Coke or not, it is undeniable that Coca-Cola is a staple in American history. This museum is much more than a large Coke factory where you can try out different flavors (though you can do that too). Once inside, you can take guided tours, get a behind the scenes look at how they bottle the drink at an actual Coca-Cola plant, visit their 4D theater, walk through 10 galleries that showcase the history of Coke and visit the vault of the secret formula! On your way out, you can stop by their store and shop a variety of Coke flavors and cute merchandise. All around 10/10 place, am I right?  

2. St. George Island – Florida 

Courtesy: Visit Florida 

With 28.2 miles of beachfront houses, this is a spring breakers dream come true. Located just an hour and 45 minutes away from Tallahassee, this is one of the closest ways to get your beach fix this spring break! Complete with a lighthouse and monthly full-moon tours, this island is practically a dream. ALSO, the public beaches are pet-friendly so you can get your fair share of snap stories of puppers on the beach! Sounds like a dream vacation if you’re asking me.

3. Ginnie Springs – Gainesville, Florida 

Courtesy: Ginnie Springs

You might have heard of this location before, aka through every UF student’s social media. This gorgeous freshwater spring is located just a little over 2 hours away from Tallahassee and offers so many different options to explore this spring break. You can go camping, cave diving, scuba diving and even explore the catacombs beneath (if you’re into that sort of thing). Don’t pay any mind to the fact that it’s located in the heart of Gator Nation, our football record against UF shows there’s no need for a Seminole to fear a Gator.

4. Disney Springs- Orlando, Florida 

Courtesy: Disney Springs

It goes without saying that if you live in Florida, or go to school in Florida, you have to visit Walt Disney World at least once. Let’s be honest though, planning a full trip to Disney can be expensive, especially for a college student. One way to enjoy the magic of Disney while not emptying your wallet is by visiting Disney Springs; Disney’s premier shopping and dining location. Entrance and parking are both FREE which makes this the perfect stop on your spring break road trip. With 108 stores and 56 dining options, there is no shortage of exploring to be done here!

I'm a senior from Miami, FL majoring in Public Relations and pursuing a Master's degree in Integrated Marketing Communication. Think of me as the love child of Samantha Jones & Carrie Bradshaw, plus throw in a little Cuban spice.
Her Campus at Florida State University.