4 Foundations for a Beautiful Complexion

When determining which foundation is right for you it is important to be aware of all the factors that play a role in creating a flawless coverage. First things first, the ideal way to get your desired finish is through a proper skin care regimen. Although it may be a challenge to keep up with your skin while you are in college, it’s the little things like remembering to take your makeup off after a wild night out that will benefit you in the long run! Also, it can never be stressed enough how much it helps to know your skin type. You can try out all the 5-star foundations in Sephora and you still won’t be satisfied with the results. Plus, knowing your skin type will eliminate all the options that aren’t right for you and make this whole process a lot smoother! Last tip, the most critical decision is choosing the right color of foundation to get the perfect finish. This is the tricky part—but if you are aware of your skin undertones it makes a world of a difference. And in case you don’t know—Sephora and Ulta can help you with a match. Here are a Tatcha and Byrdie articles that were helpful to me in determining my skin type and undertones.

Courtesy: SheFinds

1. Nars’s Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation

This new Nars foundation was formulated to enhance your beauty naturally without the caked look. This long-lasting formula will last up to 16 hours and maintain a fresh vibrant look. This light-weight foundation can be used on all skin types and was made for everyone. With its buildable coverage and 33 shades of perfection, this is a must-have!

Courtesy: Too Faced

2. Too Faced’s Born This Way

A-MA-ZING. This fan-fav is perfect for all skin types—Normal, Dry, Oily, and Combination. It’s formulated with coconut water to help replenish dull skin and infused with Alpine rose to help with brightening the appearance. As if it weren’t already perfect enough, it has a total of 23 skin-tone colors to help you find your perfect match. With this radiant finish and medium to full coverage look, this foundation makes a great addition to any collegiette’s makeup collection!

Courtesy: The Makeup Case

3. Estee Lauder’s Double Wear Stay-in-place

This flawless 24-hour foundation is meant to stay in place without creasing and changing colors and to withstand nonstop activity. This formula is lightweight with a natural finish. With 41 skin-tone colors to choose from, you can never go wrong with this foundation.

Courtesy: Nordstrom 

4. DiorSkin Forever Perfect Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 35

This 16-hour skin enhancing foundation was developed for all skin types and offers a medium coverage, with a glowing matte finish. You know those foundations that are way too matt and make dry skin types look dull and tired? This is not that! You can rock this matte foundation no matter what skin type and the best part is, it leaves a luminous matte finish. This comfortable foundation also contains an SPF 35, so you don’t have to worry about applying sunscreen to your face before you leave the house.

Her Campus at Florida State University.