4 of the Best Female-Lead Movies on Netflix

With everything going on in the world, we need some girl power. We need some major girl power to remind ourselves that there is some serious kick-assness going on. While you can do that by reading articles or books, or just watching Parks and Recreation for the 50th time, there are some movies at your fingertips that can really show you what a girl is capable of, without focusing on romance or men. All of these movies have a strong female lead that is a badass in her own way:

1. Mulan

Courtesy: Den of Geek

This Disney classic kicks off our list. Mulan is an amazing warrior who bests the men around her with her honor and courage. Mulan’s got more guts than all of the men around her. She gives off kick-ass vibes where ever she goes. Mulan is an amazing movie with some of the best Disney music.

2. Moana

Courtesy: Twitter

Another, more recent, Disney movie also shows off the amazingness of women. Moana is a determined, young woman who wants to save her island and her family. And she does it all by believing in herself and finding her inner courage. There are also great songs in this movie as well. “How Far I’ll Go” anyone?

3. Coraline

Courtesy: Movie Pilot

A major change of pace from the last movies, but this creepy film has a headstrong female protagonist. Coraline uses her own wit and the people around her to put her life back in balance. The film Coraline deals with a lot of emotional issues and coping with major changes, which is extremely relatable (and she has an iconic yellow trench coat).

4. Miss Congeniality

Courtesy: Modern Filipina

This movie is probably the holy grail of funny female-lead movies. Sandra Bullock does her job well and doesn’t take any sh*t. She remains herself while also glowing up and becoming more emotionally vulnerable. It’s really just an excellent movie about staying true to yourself while accepting change.

This is no doubt a not complete list of all the amazing female-lead movies out there, but these are a few feel-good, girl power movies you can watch anytime on Netflix.

Advertising major from Jacksonville, Florida who never grew out of her Jonas Brothers phase
Her Campus at Florida State University.