3 Things to Know About Mardi Gras at 1851

Seminole Dining will be bringing Mardi Gras to 1851 on Wednesday, February 7, 2018, from 4:00 p.m.-8:30 p.m. This event will not only showcase the best of our dining services but also feature campus and community partners that are sure to make the night one to remember!

Here are 3 things to look forward to at the event!

1. The Food

Seminole Dining is going all out for this Mardi Gras event so you’re going to want to show up hungry and ready to be filled! At this event, the entire dining location will be transformed into Bourbon Street featuring the Azalea Grill (JStreet), Louisiana Kitchen (Noles Homecoming), Café du Nole (Street Eats), King Cake Factory (Tuscan Eatery), as well as outside locations featuring grilled oysters and a crawfish boil brought to you by Wahoo Seafood! This event will offer a variety of traditional New Orleans dishes, virgin daiquiris and event specific dishes like the #NOLEans Crawdog. Additionally, Big Easy Snowballs and Red Eye Coffee will be there! For those of you with meal plans, feel free to use swipes at this event. Be sure to grab a King Cake for the chance to find the baby and win a prize!

Courtesy: Seminole Dining

2. The Involvement

Seminole Dining has partnered with over 20 on and off-campus organizations to create an event that will not only speak to your stomach, but also to your mind. At this event, you can learn how to get involved in the community and on campus as you navigate between tables such as TEDxFSU, Green Dot FSU, Be the Match and the FSU Career Center! Apply to attend this year’s TEDxFSU, pledge to be an active bystander and sign up to possibly save someone’s life through the national bone marrow donor program! Many campus organizations will be in attendance with activity booths so come out, get involved and maybe even play some cornhole!

Courtesy: Seminole Dining

3. The Entertainment

What’s a festival without a show? The night will feature a parade with carts from various dining locations around campus, street performers including the FSU Bellydancers, No Bears Allowed and a DJ that will be setting the mood for a lively event! If you already have plans for the night, cancel them. You won’t want to miss it!

Check out their Facebook event here for more information, updates and to purchase food tickets early to save money!

Her Campus at Florida State University.