3 Things to Do This Halloween You Probably Didn’t Think Of

With Halloween less than two weeks away, you need to start making plans for how you’ll be celebrating the day of the ghouls. Sure you could wing it and find something going on when strolling through Heritage Grove, or could make your way to The Strip for the third time this month. But more than likely you’re already doing both of these things almost every weekend to begin with and are finally realizing that the same routine tends to get old. So if you have no inclination to throw down some cash on another mediocre night at the club only to unwantedly be hit on by some guy in a t-shirt that says “This Is My Halloween Costume” then here are a few ideas of what you could be doing this year instead.  

1. Netflix and Thrill

Courtesy: Jam Today

Netflix is ALWAYS a good option. If you’ve given up all willpower to find a clever yet sexy costume, or you simply don’t want to stand in line attempting to get into a party with what feels like every person residing in Tallahassee then staying at home and binging on some Netflix may be the right fit for you. Invite over a few friends, put on American Psycho and eat way too many orange Kit Kats than you probably should. Sometimes staying in and enjoying the terrified commentary of your friends yelling “DON’T OPEN THAT DOOR!” at the TV screen is all you need to have an awesome Halloween night. Indulging in a few glasses of wine as you scare the crap out of yourself and each other never hurt either!

2. Fall Harvest Festival 

Courtesy: DesMoines Parent

For the first time ever, Tallahassee’s Historic Roberts Family Farm will be hosting a fall harvest festival set for Halloween night. The festival, which is open to the public of all ages, will feature day-long entertainment, hayrides, costume contests, carnival games, a trail of terrors and many other activities such as a punkin chunkin contest. Because the festival is being hosted by the family it will be located around the family’s early 1800s original homestead. For more information about the inaugural event and to purchase tickets you can click here. Besides, when you’re surrounded by an atmosphere with so much history, who knows what you may see going bump in the night. 

3. Suwannee Hulaween

Courtesy: Kind Web

Having Halloween weekend and Parents Weekend fall on the same date this year only equals more crowds and longer lines. If you’re looking to escape the altogether debauchery and get far away from anything and everything that involves Tennessee Street, then you should check out Suwannee Hulaween. Hosted about an hour away in Live Oak, FL, Suwannee Hulaween will be a weekend-long music festival for the ages. Besides surrounding yourself in the melodies of the numerous artists that are set to perform, you can also take part in other activities such as yoga workshops, carnival games and a disc golf tournament. Tickets for the four-day event can be purchased here. Also, don’t forget to bring your camping gear and your costumes… because you’re going to need both!

Her Campus at Florida State University.