26 Netflix Shows to Watch Instead of Studying

We all procrastinate, so why not enjoy it? It’s in our college-going blood to put off all of the papers and projects until the last second and then regret it later. But that doesn’t stop us from doing it again and again. So here’s a list of Netflix shows you can watch instead of studying for your finals this semester (because you’re going to put it off anyways)!

If You’re in the Mood to Laugh:

1. “Friends”: A classic 90’s show with 10 seasons of non-stop laughter. 

Courtesy: TV.com

2. “How I Met Your Mother”: Similar to “Friends,” this show follows the lives of a quirky group of friends.

Courtesy: The Odyssey Online

3. “New Girl”: Jess moves into an apartment full of guys who quickly become her best friends.

Courtesy: Spoilers Guide

4. “The Office”: This one doesn’t need an explanation.

Courtesy: NBC

5. “Parks and Recreation”: Similar to “The Office.” Also needs no explanation. 

Courtesy: NBC

6. “That 70’s Show”: You probably caught a few episodes of this growing up and now it’s time to binge the whole hilarious thing.

Courtesy: Hollywood Life

7. “Don’t Trust The B**** In Apartment 23”: June moves to NYC where she gets stuck with a crazy con-artist roommate.

Courtesy: Pop Verse

If You’re in the Mood to Cry:

8. “13 Reasons Why”: If you haven’t already binge watched the entire thing in a day, do it now. Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock you know this is the show everyone’s been raving about (and with good reason!). 

Courtesy: International Business Times

9. “Grey’s Anatomy”: 13 seasons of tear-jerking episodes. Trust me, you’re going to need tissues.

Courtesy: ABC

If You’re Into Great Storylines:

10. “Gossip Girl”: Follow upper-east side rich kids as they grow up and manage their drama-filled lives in NYC all while trying to figure out who Gossip Girl is.

Courtesy: The Odyssey Online

11. “The Secret Life of the American Teenager”: Amy has to deal with becoming a teenage mother.

Courtesy: Daily Motion

12. “Gilmore Girls”: Single mother Lorelai raises her daughter Rory in the small town of Stars Hollow (when you’re done, watch the revival!).

Courtesy: Movie TV Tech Geeks

13. “The Carrie Diaries”: Before she was Carrie Bradshaw living in NYC, who was she?

Courtesy: Wikia

14. “One Tree Hill”: A group of Tree Hill High friends face a ton of ups and downs while growing up.

Courtesy: The Odyssey Online

If You’re Into Sci-Fi/ Fantasy:

15. “Once Upon A Time”: See your favorite Disney characters really come to life.

Courtesy: NewsBusters

16. “The Vampire Diaries”: The recently ended TV show shows what it’s like when you’re living amongst vampires, werewolves, witches and a whole lot of other mystical creatures. 

Courtesy: Hollywood Reporter

17. “The Originals”: A “Vampire Diaries” spin-off.

Courtesy: Netflix Update

18. “The 100”: After years of surviving in space, 100 humans are sent back down to Earth.

Courtesy: Netflix Life

If You’re Into Action:

19. “Narcos”: It depicts true stories behind Columbian drug cartels.

Courtesy: Mistress Agency 

20. “Prison Break”: Mike gets arrested and sent to prison with plans of breaking out his brother who’s been sentenced to death.

Courtesy: Prison Break Man Hunt

21. “Dexter”: A serial killer who kills serial killers.

Courtesy: Playbuzz

22. “Limitless”: If you could take a pill that made you the smartest man in the world, what would you do with it?

Courtesy: CBS

If You’re Into Netflix Originals:

23. “Stranger Things”: These kids get themselves mixed up with some pretty strange things

Courtesy: Wikipedia

24. “The Santa Clarita Diet”:  The mom is a zombie who craves human flesh. 

Courtesy: Zombies In My Blog

25. “A Series of Unfortunate Events”: Based on your favorite childhood book series. Courtesy: YouTube

26. “Between”: The residents of Pretty Lake are quarantined by the government after a deadly virus begins to spread. 

Courtesy: Netflix

I'm currently studying Editing Writing & Media and Public Relations at FSU. When I'm not busy, I love scouting out new restaurants, parks and things to do around Tallahassee. And of course I document it all on Instagram! #DoItForTheGram
Her Campus at Florida State University.