19 Signs You’re in a Sorority: As Told by F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

LYLAS Pheebs, LYLAS Rach, LYLAS Mon! I’ll be there for you!

Your entire wardrobe consists of t-shirts from various date functions, philanthropy events and fraternity socials. 

And they’re all oversized (how can you relax in that tight of a shirt, Frankie?!).

You always travel in pairs or more, and people can spot your matching rain jackets from across campus. 

That’s the best way to make an entrance, right?

Your diet is made up of buffet style meals and salad bar after salad bar. 

And you’re okay with it because it beats cooking for yourself.

Actually, you plan your class schedule around those meal times. 

A girls gotta eat!

You have white Greek letters plastered to the back of your car. 

And you feel like you’ve tarnished your whole chapter’s image when you drive like a maniac (yet you still continue to do so).

Grab-a-dates give you more stress than an upcoming test.

So I have to “grab” a semi-cute, relatively normal college-aged male by tomorrow? That won’t be difficult at all…

But you’re always prepared, because you have more dress up clothes in your closet than you did when you were seven. 

“You can borrow my sombrero if I can wear your tiara tomorrow night!”

You get 100+ likes on an Instagram photo. 

All from girls in your chapter (but that doesn’t make you feel any less cool).

And you spend so much time fundraising for various causes that you’ve perfected how to ask your parents for money. 

“I love talking to you on the phone too mom, but I won’t be able to anymore if my wireless service gets cut off…!”

You actually know how to dress in business casual attire. 

Thank you chapter meetings!

Yet, you still have tons of feels about chapter.

Do I hate it? Do I like being in the know? *Proceeds to sit on couch and watch Netflix*

You also super admire the chapter president because she is the epitome of perfect and poised. 

#FanGirl #Goals

Sharing is caring. 

Clothes, makeup, your curling wand; if you name it, a sister will probably ask to borrow it… except not food. Food is not to be shared.

Boys singing to you at dinner or bringing puppies to your lawn is normal. 

And it’s pretty great, especially when the boys are cute enough to make up for their inability to carry a tune. If not, you’ll still get a top-notch Snapchat story out of it. 

Your group texts or GroupMe blow up your phone. 

And when you walk away from your phone, it’s impossible not to miss something.

There’s also something to do every night. 

From IM games to meetings to socials to just regular meals, you always have at least one thing on your evening agenda…. and piling that on top of homework and a job isn’t even stressful at all. I CAN HANDLE IT, REALLY.  

You rock at memorization!

You learned your chapter’s creed, all its founders and the Greek alphabet in a matter of days, so you can definitely remember the formula for GDP growth rate, and maybe even how to count Mississippily.

Even if you don’t live there, you’re at the house daily eating, studying or just hanging around. 

It’s like your mansion away from home, and way better than sitting alone at your apartment.

You have a huge family, around 200 sisters!

And nothing beats that.

~Editor-in-Chief~ Senior Honors Student at FSU Major: Editing, Writing and Media Minor(s): Communications and Psychology Likes: The beach, green tea, Friends re-runs, chats with her mom and going for hikes Follow: Instagram @samswan and Twitter @swan_sam "In a gentle way, you can shake the world." -Mahatma Gandhi
Her Campus at Florida State University.