15 Breathtaking Destinations You Need to Add to Your Bucket List

We’re back with another themed week on the site: Travel Week. This semester, Her Campus FSU has created themed weeks dedicated to exclusive content we believe all of our readers should have access to. Keep up on the site for the next few days as we cover everything from the best places you need to roadtrip to before you graduate to the top eats across the pond (that’s London town, for those of you who haven’t brushed up on your British). We promise we’ll leave you wanderlusting for more. After all, summer vacation is just a few weeks away! 

When wanderlust hits, it is hard to keep yourself from daydreaming about strolling along the streets of Paris or hiking up Machu Picchu. The “travel bug” can be both a blessing and a curse – driving us to new adventure when possible and leaving us feeling nostalgic for places we have never been when we’re stuck in the reality of school, jobs and the inevitable Netflix binge. The greatest thing? The places we’ve outlined below are real – all you have to do is make a plan and GO.

1. Victoria Falls, Africa

Courtesy: SA Places

Forming the border between Zambia and Zimbabwe, Victoria Falls is known as the greatest curtain of falling water in the world. These falls, named after Queen Victoria, present a magnificent view of the Zambezi River. The Victoria Falls is, in fact, one of the seven natural wonders of the world.

2. Multnomah Falls, Oregon

Courtesy: All Trails

Multnomah Falls is Oregon’s tallest waterfall located just 30 miles from downtown Portland. This two-tiered waterfall is a year-round attraction, as its stream runs all year, fed by rainwater, snowmelt and underground springs from Larch Mountain.

3. Santorini, Greece

Courtesy: Educational Geography

Known as Greece’s “postcard island,” Santorini resides in the water filled caldera of a large volcano that is thought to have ended Minoan civilization on Crete. Due to its volcanic past, Santorini has white, black and red beaches. Sit back, relax and enjoy Greek island paradise.

4. Glacier National Park, Montana

Courtesy: Collette

Dating back to its establishment in 1910, this wilderness area in Montana’s Rocky Mountains is your one-stop shop for all your favorite outdoor activities. With quite the scenic view, experience cycling, backpacking and horseback riding all in one area.

5. The Wave, Arizona

Courtesy: Beautiful Places to Visit

The Wave is a spectacular sandstone rock formation located near the border of Arizona with Utah. It is estimated to be 190 million years old, dating back to the Jurassic period. If you’re planning to visit this hot spot, be aware that only 20 permits for entry are given out each day, with the receivers being decided by lottery.

6. Mount Fuji, Japan

Courtesy: Design Like

Southwest of Tokyo, Mount Fuji is an active volcano, which more than 200,000 people climb each year. It is considered to be one of Japan’s three sacred mountains where those who practice Japan’s indigenous faith, Shinto, come to meet.

7. Dead Sea, Israel

Courtesy: All Wonders

Israel’s distinguished Dead Sea is the lowest point on Earth with salinity that prevents the existence of life forming. This attraction is often noted as a natural health spa for this same salt provides relief for ailing visitors who visit to benefit from its rapid healing properties. Due to its high salt concentration, being 8.6 times saltier than the ocean, you float at ease with natural buoyancy. We recommend you bring your favorite book, as you may never want to leave.

8. Glowworm Caves, New Zealand

Courtesy: Imgur

Big fan of sci-fi movies? This spot will surely make you feel like you’re in one! Thousands of small glowworms cling to the ceiling and radiate a luminescent, green and yellow light in the cave. Take a guided boat tour under the glowworms and enjoy the scenic view!

9. Marina Bay Sands, Singapore

Courtesy: World Top Top

Enjoy an extraordinary panorama view of the Singapore skyline with The Marina Sands SkyPark Public Observation Deck. Marina Bay Sands hotel guests exclusively can relax in luxury at the world’s largest, most iconic, rooftop Infinity Pool, adjacent to the public observation deck. Soaring 57,000 levels high, the public observation deck can host up to 3,900 people.

10. Reed Flute Caves, China

Courtesy: Pinterest

This natural limestone cave has been one of Guilin, China’s most popular tourist attractions for over 1200 years. Created by water erosions, its icicles, stone pillars and rock formations illuminate the cave in daylight. Fun fact: the cave got its name from the large amounts of verdant reeds growing at the entrance, with which people make flutes!

11. Tintagel Castle, Cornwall, England

Courtesy: Skyler Evans

Tintagel Castle is well-kept secret in Cornwall, England. Perched on the top of a cliff, Tintagel Castle is in ruins – a remnant the medieval ages. The site has been linked to Arthurian legend and is even home to “Merlin’s Cave” which runs deep underneath Tintagel’s heights. A place of exceptionally beauty, Tintagel has been a source of inspiration for writers and artists for centuries.

12. Coron, Palawan, Philippines

Courtesy: World of Travel

Coron seems like a place you could only see on Pandora – it’s otherworldly in beauty and structure. Colossal peaks rise out of aquamarine water, the rock face dotted with greenery. Bangkas readily take adventurers through lagoons – you could be one of them!

13. Angkor Wat, Cambodia

Courtesy: Tourist Destinations

Angkor Wat is the largest religious monument in the world. Originally a Hindu temple, Angkor Wat was converted into a Buddhist temple in the 12th century. The temple is a place of quiet contemplation – an escape from a loud and fast-paced society.

14. Hidden Beach, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Courtesy: Buzzfeed

Hidden Beach? Do we have to say anything else? Nope. Cool. Hidden Beach – GO.

15. Cappadocia, Turkey

Courtesy: Conde Nast Traveler

Cappadocia is an area of Turkey that features whole cities craved into rock. The area is even home to an underground city! Hot air balloons dot the sky continuously and are the best way to view the iconic landscape.

Let your wanderlust take you on an adventure. Safe travels!

Jordana is a recent graduate of The Florida State University with a Bachelor of Science in public relations. She aspires to work in public relations and digital media in New York City. She is well-versed in pop culture, social media management, press release writing and content creation. Originally from Coral Springs, Florida, Jordana enjoys writing, networking and spending time outdoors. On most days, you can find her researching industry trends, Tweeting and scavenging the internet for new music, ODESZA and Beyonce tunes to be specific. Stay in tune with her daily whereabouts via Twitter: @JordanaJudson.   
Her Campus FSU Staff Writer Junior // Creative Writing & Communications Travel/Tea/Theatre Enthusiast Follow me @ShutUpSkyler
Her Campus at Florida State University.