14 Pop Culture Halloween Costume Ideas

Halloween is coming up and what’s a better way to get inspired for this year’s costume than from the characters of your favorite shows and movies?! The possibilities are endless and you can even have your friends join you! Take a look at some of these brilliant costume ideas:

The Belcher family from Bob’s Burgers

Courtesy: Buzzfeed

Let’s face it, there’s a Tina Belcher in all of us. The Belchers are a family that always supports and loves each other despite their differences. If you and your friends are huge Bob’s Burgers fans like we are, this would be a great costume choice!

The Scooby Doo Gang

Courtesy: Buzzfeed

Even your dog won’t be left out of the fun!

Bert Macklin and Janet Snakehole from Parks and Recreation

Courtesy: PopSugar

You’ll be a very rich widow with a terrible secret and your boyfriend can be an FBI agent.  #RelationshipGoals

The Bluth family from Arrested Development

Courtesy: PopSugar

The Bluths are probably the most dysfunctional family in television history, which makes it even more fun to dress up as. Maybe one of your friends will be willing to blue themselves for the occasion!

Stefon from Saturday Night Live

Courtesy: Pinterest

And New York’s Hottest Halloween Party is…

Walter White and Jesse Pinkman from Breaking Bad

Courtesy: PopSugar

No reason needed.

Seth from Superbad

Courtesy: Brit+Co

You’ll be the most popular person at the Halloween party.

Fogell from Superbad

Courtesy: Pinterest

Get extra creative and make the McLovin fake ID. That way you’ll be “old enough to party.”

The cast of Mean Girls

Courtesy: Pinterest

You can choose to be one of the Plastics, Cady, Janice, Damian, and even Mrs. George!

The ladies of Mad Men

Courtesy: The Nancy Wilde Experience

If you’re fascinated by the style of the 1960, take a cue from Peggy Olson, Betty Draper or Joan Holloway. Their style on the show is impeccable and if you want to style an outfit like one of them, check this out! 

Liz Lemon from 30 Rock

Courtesy: PopSugar

Keep working on your night cheese!

Olivia Pope from Scandal

Courtesy: PopSugar

Don’t forget her signature glass of red wine!

Blair Waldorf and Serena van der Woodsen from Gossip Girl

Courtesy: Brit+Co

You and your best friend can channel your inner Upper East Sider and style with some classic accessories, such as a pearl necklace and headband for Blair.

Olive Penderghast from Easy A

Courtesy: PopSugar

The very witty, and opinionated Olive played by Emma Stone, is one of the greatest female characters from the last decade. You’ll be able to wear a corset for this costume and rock the red A!

Collegiettes, I hope you’re just as excited for Halloween as I am! Feel free to share your costume ideas with us and remember to have fun with whatever you choose to be! 

Anacarla is currently attending her last year at Florida State. Can't live without coffee and her dog. You can follow her on Twitter at @anacarlasanchez
Her Campus at Florida State University.