Wellness > Sex + Relationships

14 Fictional Couples We Can Pine Over This Valentine’s Day

As Valentine’s Day comes up, we often wonder what it is like to experience a love like the ones we see on TV, in films and in novels. Love is in the air and whether you are out celebrating with your significant other, hanging out with your Galentines or just chilling by yourself, these are 14 of my favorite fictional couples. 

Blair Waldorf and Chuck Bass: Gossip Girl

Blair Waldorf love gif
Giphy
There is no doubt in my mind that Blair and Chuck are the epitome of iconic. While their relationship is on the crazier side, who doesn’t love a little drama to spice up their love life?

Clarke and Lexa: The 100

Our favorite dystopian couple will always have a place in my heart. Imagine fighting alongside the person you love and the people you are trying to save.

Uncle Phil and Aunt Viv: Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

As a child, I was obsessed with the relationship that Uncle Phil and Aunt Viv had. How wonderful would it be to find your significant other and live a life together with infinite memories?

Jackie Burkhart and Steven Hyde: That 70’s Show

Brooding Bad Boy and the Cheerful “It” Girl. What can get more romantic than that? 

Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet: Pride and Prejudice

Pride and Prejudice taught me that I should never settle for less and to only accept a proposal if my significant other tells me: “You have bewitched me body and soul and I love, I love, I love you.”

Anakin Skywalker and Padme: Star Wars

I recently watched all the Star Wars movies and let’s just say, I could not decide which person I was more attracted to. Anakin or Padme? 

Kat Stratford and Patrick Verona: 10 Things I Hate About You

Kat Stratford gif
Giphy / Buena Vista Pictures
As a writer, I love to write poems about the people I love, hate and hate to love. Kat is just like me. If you love an enemies-to-lovers situation, this movie is just for you!

Rue and Jules: Euphoria

I don’t know about you, but I was bawling my eyes out by the end of season one of Euphoria. We were rooting for you two! However, let’s hope that in the future seasons, we will finally get to see our favorite lesbian couple together. 

Anne and Gilbert: Anne of Green Gables

Whether you like the show or reading the book, there is no doubt that Anne and Gilbert were soulmates from the very beginning… even when she hit him with a slate. 

Elio and Oliver: Call Me By Your Name

Elio and Oliver
Giphy / Warner Bros Studio
“Elio, Elio, Elio…” If only we could all have that indie summer romance story where adventure, happiness and love take over our existence.  

Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger: Harry Potter Series

Childhood friends turned lovers, Ron and Hermione’s relationship was my ultimate relationship goal growing up. It truly is magic.

Mateo Torrez and Rufus Emeterio: They Both Die At The End

Like Mateo and Rufus, death is inevitable but unlike Mateo and Rufus, who knows if we will find our soulmates even when we have all the time in the world. 

Shawn and Angela: Boy Meets World

If you were born in the ‘90s or early 2000s, you know that this couple outshined every other couple. If only we all had a Shawn to fall in love with.

Romeo Montague and Juliet Capulet: Romeo and Juliet

Romeo and Juliet
20th Century Fox Home Entertainment / Giphy
Lastly, but certainly not least, we have the ultimate couple who could not bear to be apart from each other even till death. 

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, TwitterTikTokYoutube and Pinterest!

Paula Rodriguez-Saenz is a first-year double majoring in Political Science and Creative Writing. As a storyteller, she wishes to use her words as a way to make her dreams a reality. When she is not writing, you can find her reading, being in nature, or obsessing over Harry Potter.