If you’ve just finished your first year of college (or you’re about to graduate and need a to reminisce for a while before you can pull up your big girl pants and head off into the real world), take a moment before you make a beeline for the beach or (*sad violin music*) head off to your summer job to look back on all the fun (and not so fun) experiences you’ve had freshman year.

1.  Sitting through prerequisites, learning about things that have nothing to do with your major. 

2.  Telling yourself that you’re going to exercise and eat healthy to avoid the “freshman 15,” but then college happens and that plan goes out the window.

3. College boys.

4.  Going out for the first time, ready to have a good time with your friends and relieve some stress…

…but coming home, more often than not, like

5.  Ordering pizza with your friends after a night out (preferably from a place that you would never step foot into while sober)…

…and waking up in the morning like

6. Dealing with professors with the “no cell phone” policy.

(Seriously, what is this, high school?) 

7. Campus WiFi (no explanation needed). 

8. Sitting in a class where you don’t know anybody.

9. Wanting to go out but having no money.

10. Eating at the dining hall.

11. Having to say “no” to people asking for money to save starving children in Africa because you’re already late to class.

12.  Getting stuck with a boring professor that is, somehow, less interested in what they’re teaching than you are. 

13. Seeing your grade at the end of the semester. 

13. Finals…

…trying to find a spot in the library to study.

…pulling a weeklong all-nighter because you put off all your study until the last minute. 

…the line at Starbucks.

…finishing your last final.

~*~ Peace n’ blessins, y’all! Have a great summer!~*~

Sydney is a freshman at FSU studying Editing, Writing, & Media. After college she hopes to pursue a career in the editing and publishing field. She has an affinity for Ryan Gosling, kittens, Netflix, and anything peanut butter. She can often be found “studying,” AKA checking Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, and Pinterest with a homework tab open in the background.
Lauren Burkett is an alumna of Florida State University, where she studied Editing, Writing and Media.  Since graduating in 2014, she has worked in marketing, as a flight attendant and now works in the oil and gas industry.  She was the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus FSU during her time there, and is ecstatic to continue her involvement with the organization as a Chapter Advisor.  Lauren now lives in Denver, Colorado and enjoys being outside, reading and journaling in her free time.