12 Things All FSU Seniors Must Do before They Graduate

Well Collegiettes, it’s here. Three weeks until final exams and then—graduation. If you’re anything like me you probably have a million things running through your mind: finals, graduation, post-grad plans, the fact that you have no idea what you’re going to do with your life. These are all valid thoughts and things to consume your time. But let’s not forget that we have three weeks left.

Three weeks left in our undergrad career and for some, three weeks left of college. WHAT?! This cannot be real life. That’s why we seniors need to make the most of the time we have left before we’re out into the real world! BEFORE OUR LIVES ARE OVER!! Okay that was a bit dramatic, but still. Graduating college is a big deal.

But have no fear, I have compiled a list of all the things you need to do in these next three weeks if you haven’t already (or even if you have) and you will be ready to graduate in no time.

1. Return to Suwannee

Yes I know. At first Suwannee was this incredible place that had all the food you could eat until you realized what that food was. It was actually just unlimited pizza and cereal, or salad if you were feeling healthy. But still, you know you made some good memories there. Why not go back one last time even if just to say hi to Ms. Killings. A hug and an “I love you, my baby (or angel)” makes any meal at Suwannee taste a whole lot better. Tell her you’re graduating and I promise she’ll make your day!

2. Go Bowling

How awesome is it that we have a bowling alley on campus? And it’s cheap! You definitely need to go. Immediately. It’s a good time and it’s only a few dollars each. Plus they have beer if you’re of age and into that sort of thing.

3. Go see a movie at the SLC

If you haven’t been to the SLC first of all…

Second of all, you need to go. It’s FREE! And they play really great movies. Thursday, April 9th they’re playing the scary movie, Unfriended. You don’t want to miss it. I promise watching scary movies at the SLC is one of the funniest things you can do. Your fellow Noles do not hide their reactions, that’s for sure.

4. Write thank you letters to your favorite professors

If a professor made a difference in your life—tell them. Even if you had them freshmen year and haven’t talked to them since—tell them. Nothing makes a person feel more appreciated than a handwritten thank you note. Our professors work hard and if you acknowledge that, it would really mean a lot. Besides, if you had a close relationship with this professor you never know if you’ll need a letter of recommendation one day!

5. Senior Class Council Senior Sendoff

President Thrasher will host the senior send-off as per tradition at the President’s mansion, April 21 at 5 PM. For students that are of age they serve champagne and there is a big toast and sophisticated celebration with food. It’s a good time and you should all take advantage of the free event.

6. Go to the Rez

The Rez is a wonderful place. There is so much to do whether you just want to layout on the beach or go in the water, play volleyball, kayak or paddleboard they’ve got it all! Even if you’ve been before you should get a group of friends and go this weekend. Take a study break. Back some snacks and bring your iPod and a good book. You won’t regret it.

7. Go to the top of the capital building

If you have not been to the top floor of the capital building you need to. From the 22nd floor you’ll find breathtaking views of Tallahassee and by far the best views of Florida State.

8. See a show at Club Downunder

If you haven’t been to Club Downunder you’re missing out on a cool and unique FSU experience. All events are free to FSU students and are worth attending. Looking for a concert to attend? Check out Mates of State on April 12 at 8:30 PM. It’s located right next to Chili’s in the Student Union.

9. See the FSU Flying High Circus

FSU is one of only two schools in the entire nation to have their own circus. That is insane! Please go! They work so hard and are incredibly talented. I promise you will be in awe. And you’re in luck because they have a bunch of shows coming up. Upcoming show times are:

• Friday, April 10th 8:00pm
  • Saturday, April 11th 8:00pm
  • Sunday, April 12th 2:00pm
  • Friday, April 17th 8:00pm
  • Saturday, April 18th 2:00pm
  • Saturday, April 18th 8:00pm

10. St. George Island

If you’ve been to the Rez and are still not satisfied, head out to St. George Island for the day. It’s about a 2 hour drive and worth every minute. It’s cute and quiet and it’s a beach! Can’t think of a better way to relax and spend some time with friends.

11. Food Truck Thursday

What could be better then fried mac and cheese, BBQ pulled pork tacos, and live music? Nothing. The answer is nothing. So head on over to Lake Ella this Thursday! Bring some money and a blanket to sit on, and be prepared to eat your stress away.

12. Take a dramatic pic at Railroad Square

This is actually something I still need to accomplish. You know you’ve seen those awesome looking pics pop in your newsfeed. Just do it. You’re graduating, who cares! Make sure to be wearing a super trendy outfit and definitely be holding a flower or two.

There’s much to do and only a few weeks left so you better get started.

Ready, set, GO!

Courtnee is a senior at the beautiful Florida State Univeristy majoring in Public Relations. She is involved in various student organizations on campus, is a Resident Assistant in Landis Hall (shout out to her BLG fam and the 4th floor!), and works part time at The Zimmerman Agency doing what she loves.In her free time, you can find Courtnee reading a book, playing soccer, binge watching netflix, laying on the beach, or eating entire pints of Ben & Jerry's ice cream in one sitting (usually while binge watching Netflix).She has a slight obsession with puppies and boybands and her wonderful family.After graduation, Courtnee is moving to Munich, Germany for a year where she will be an au pair. Once back from this journey Courtnee hopes to move to New York City and find a way to become a part of the SNL team, whether it's as a public relations associate, cast member or janitor... She WILL make it to SNL.She hopes you take something out of "The Collegiette's Guide to Happy and Healthy Living," even if it's just a laugh. Thank you for reading :) "She was a girl who new how to be happy even when she was sad, and that's important." ~Marilyn Monroe
Her Campus at Florida State University.