The 12 Steps of Avoiding Responsibilities in College

Less than half of the semester is left and you’re finding yourself making any type of excuse to avoid ANY amount of responsibility. With every task at hand, your immediate response seems to be, “do I have to?” or “I’ll just do it tomorrow.”

1. The amount of dirty laundry you have… just continues to grow.

2. You eat junk food for dinner because (A) you can and (B) there’s nothing else.

3. You have no parental unit to tell you how much Netflix is too much.

4. You doze off every time you try to be remotely productive.

5. Just the mere thought of school is a preparation in itself. If you woke up 10 minutes late, you’ll just try again tomorrow, right?

6. Then you finally get to class and you’re like… test next week… project due tomorrow…

7. So you start to freak out.

8. You realize that you can’t do this.

9. So you do this instead.

10. And this… WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? I CAN’T DO THIS! I’M GOING TO FAIL! I HAVE NO CLEAN CLOTHES! ABORT MISSION! ABORT MISSION!

11. Then you finally realize that you need to put your big kid pants on and do what needs to be done.

12. It’s okay. You can do this, Collegiettes! Just remember…

Amanda loves to write creatively on her spare time. When she isn't studying for her double major in both Psychology and Editing, Writing, and Media, Amanda is in the kitchen cooking up some dinner or baking sweet treats. She is a kid at heart and will never be too old for anything Disney. Amanda aspires to become a producer and writer for future video games.
Her Campus at Florida State University.