10 Ways “Gilmore Girls” Would be Different in 2016

The Gilmore Girls revival is only 63 days away (not like we are counting or anything), and in just two months we will be able to binge watch four feature length, brand new episodes of the show, titled “A Year in the Life.” The last episode aired in 2007, and let’s be honest, so much has changed since then. In a world where technology is constantly changing, Snapchat, Instagram and Twitter have become our main form of communication, and words like “lit” or “fam” have taken over, would our beloved characters be able to keep up, or would they fall behind?

As we fan girl over the latest “Gilmore Girls” trailer, it seems like Lorelai is very concerned about her potential relationship with Amy Schumer and water sports. Looks like our favorite girl has still got it. Entertainment Weekly and Instagram also released pictures where Luke’s infamous sign that once read “no cell phones,” in his diner now says:

“No texting while ordering. NO MAN BUNS! No taking pictures of food. No headphones. If I can hear your music through your headphones, WHY ARE YOU WEARING HEADPHONES.”

Ah, that sounds like the old Luke Danes we know and love. Here are a few other ways that “Gilmore Girls” might be different in 2016.

1. Lorelai and Rory would probably drink a lot of iced coffee

Courtesy: Pinterest

2. Sookie would have most likely ended up on Master Chef

Courtesy: WordPress

3. Kurt probably created his own app or started selling his customized shirts on Etsy

Courtesy: LoveLace

4. Emily probably left a negative review about the Dragonfly Inn on yelp

Courtesy: Buzzfeed

5. Let’s be real, after her breakup with Logan, Rory probably started using Tinder

Courtesy: Tumblr

6. Michel has a bomb Pinterest board

Courtesy: Tumblr

7. Miss Patty will be teaching her dance students how to twerk

Courtesy: Tumblr

8. Taylor organizes town meetings through GroupMe

Courtesy: WordPress

9. Jess is probably styling a nice man bun

Courtesy: Popsugar

10. Stars Hollow has an awesome Snapchat Geofilter

Courtesy: Wikimedia

As times keep changing, it is refreshing to know that some thing’s manage to stay the same, including our favorite TV shows. As the new trailer put it, “Seasons may change, but some things never will.” The revival will probably be filled with scenes of Luke trying to work an iPhone, Rory facetiming Christopher and Lorelai streaming great classics on Netflix. It’s crazy to think that even the way viewers will be enjoying Gilmore Girls is different. Before Netflix, we used to watch the show after school on our TV, without the option of skipping through our least favorite parts (cough Dean cough). Aside from seeing our favorite characters struggle with technology and new slang, it is finally time to see if Luke and Lorelai end up together and what Rory has been up to. The revival will show just how much Gilmore Girls has changed and how we have changed with it. Now it is time for us to pack our bags and pay Stars Hollow a visit.

Her Campus at Florida State University.