10 Times We Were All Joanne the Scammer

If you haven’t yet heard of the Internet sensation Joanne the Scammer, you need to follow Branden Miller on all social media platforms, immediately. Immediately. Boasting 1.1 million followers on Instagram and 570,000 on Twitter, Joanne is quickly scamming her way to the top. Her rise to fame can simply be put as iconic. 

If Joanne had a Tinder profile her bio might read something like, “An unapologetically messy b*tch who will steal you heart and your money.” Some of her favorite activities include: hacking into various PayPal accounts, maintaining her highbrow Caucasian lifestyle and embarrassing her ex boyfriend’s wife daily. Her self-confidence and eccentric nature is what has her fans hooked. In an interview with Paper Magazine, the man behind Joanne describes her as an anti-hero who people get to live through vicariously. Iconic. 

Her fans are so dedicated that some have even gone as far as framing pictures of her in their homes. 

Courtesy: Instagram

Who can blame them? Sometimes a reminder to live for the drama is what we all need. As funny and flippant as Joanne can be, her rise to internet stardom is a perfect example of how playing to your strengths and utilizing the power of social media can really pay off and actually become a lucrative career. Honestly and truly, she is an inspiration. Branden Miller didn’t have a glamorous life whatsoever and even encountered some hardships in his life as many do. To escape from his troubles, Branden created alter egos that he could live through without worry. Through all of this, Joanne was born. 

To get a quick taste of who she is, check out her recent video in which she collaborated with Deluxe Magazine to show off how she lives her lavish Caucasian lifestyle. She also recently attended the MTV Video Music Awards; well, rather, scammed her way onto the red carpet as usual. 

Now, as FSU students and really just college students in general, we can all relate to Joanne’s pettiness and messiness on a daily basis. Here’s how: 

1. The relief you feel when the weekend hits.

Courtesy: Instagram

2. When you’re about to leave for class but it starts to rain. 

Courtesy: Instagram

3. Attempting to be a well-rounded, politically active college student. 

Courtesy: Instagram

4. When you see the return on your FAFSA.

Courtesy: Instagram

5. How you feel when you wear your new top to Happy Hour. 

Courtesy: Instagram

6. After a good night in the back of your Uber.

Courtesy: Twitter

7. When you successfully cut to the front of the bathroom line at Pot’s. 

Courtesy: Instagram

8. Facebook stalking your man’s ex instead of listening in class.

Courtesy: Instagram

9. When he just bought you a drink but then you see his frat brother from across the bar. 

Courtesy: Instagram

10. When you box someone out for the last parking spot in Woodward. 

Courtesy: Twitter

I hope that Joanne has inspired you to never settle and to, when in doubt, scam it out. Stay messy my friends. 

Her Campus at Florida State University.