10 Things You Need to Save Your Fall Semester

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% our own.

Alright, I know what you’re thinking: “how can beauty and other miscellaneous products save my semester?” I see where you’re coming from. Fall semester has consisted of one hectic day after another and at this point, I start every week by telling myself, “I just need to get through this week.” It’s a cycle of essay after presentation after exam—wash, rinse and repeat. College can be truly stressful, but Her Campus has the survival kit that puts all survival kits to shame and I promise it’ll make your days, if not a little bit easier, cuter.

1. A Sweet Scent:

After a long day of traipsing around campus, there’s nothing more satisfying than coming home to a fragrance-filled room. Along with functioning as a nightlight and an embellishment that’s sure to spice up your room décor, this Bath & Body Works wall fragrance is the perfect loop-hole for your dorm’s “no candles” rule and there are 60+ scents to choose from!

2. A Little Spice:

To set the scene: you’re in the dining hall. Today they’re serving dry chicken with a side of bland rice and dull green beans. Luckily, you came prepared with a little packet of Frank’s Red Hot hot sauce in your backpack. Dinner has been instantly saved with The Perfect Blend of Flavor and Heat®.

3. Something to Hold it All Together:

When it comes to DIY projects, you need reliable products to get the best end result. Krazy Glue is the go-to for office, home and craft projects with just the right amount in each single for at least one project involving plastic, glass or wood!

4. A Great Protein Bar:

It’s no secret that snacks are the key to getting through a chaotic day of classes, work and extracurricular activities. The real secret is what snacks? The answer to that is Organic GōL Bars. Made with just 8-to-10 simple whole food ingredients, gluten-free and high in fiber and protein, GōL Bars will give you lasting energy to help you avoid that mid-day crash. There are four delicious flavors, Chocolate Coconut, Blueberry, Chocolate Sea Salt and Maple Sea Salt, that are all crafted with 12g of Certified USDA Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified, grass-fed whole milk protein along with real whole foods including organic dates, nuts and blueberries.

5. Perfume:

If you’re looking for a fragrance that’s as unique as you are, this is the perfume for you. With scents ranging from White Tea and Cyclamen to Vanilla Tonka, just a spritz or two of Katy Perry’s INDI will be enough to freshen up after a quick trip to the gym or to touch-up for a date night.

6. The Right Mascara:

For those mornings that you physically can’t bring yourself to apply a full face of makeup before your 9 a.m. class, AKA every morning, just layer a few swipes of BUXOM Cosmetics Big Tease™ Plumping Mascara on your lashes and you’ll be set. BUXOM blends 3 high-performing waxes to create a formula that ensures maximized volume and no smudging or flaking for lasting wear.

7. Sun-kissed Skin:

Since it’s fall, and the time for tanning is swiftly running out, you’ll need an alternative to keep up your summer glow for the remainder of the year. This bronzing lotion promises a luxurious, yet gradual glow, that will leave your skin hydrated and streak-free.

8. A Clean Face:

When your normal cleanser and makeup remover combination just isn’t cutting it anymore, consider switching over to Garnier’s Micellar Cleansing Water All-In-1 Waterproof. It’s an all-in-one formula that guarantees to rid your face of dirt, oil and even the toughest waterproof makeup after a night out on the town.

9. Reliable Safety Measures:

The college scene can come with some serious potential dangers, but if you’re prepared with the right tools there’s no worry. Sabre’s personal alarm, both in clip and keyring form, is a must-have for a safety precaution. With a 120dB alarm audible up to 600ft away, a built-in LED flashlight and a compact and user-friendly design, Sabre’s personal alarm is simple, sleek and effective in getting you from one location to another with peace of mind.

Additionally, Sabre offers a handy drink test kit for when you head out to a party or the local bar. It tests for popular “date rape drugs” including GHB and Ketamine in both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and serves as a gentle reminder to be cautious when accepting drinks from others.

10. Silky Smooth Skin:

The winter weather is rapidly approaching, which can mean detriment to the state of your skin. 2-in-1 Shave Cream & Skin Conditioner is the answer to your shaving-related prayers. Condition and shave your legs all at once with this non-foaming cream, jam-packed with shea butter and soy protein, to achieve touch-ably soft and smooth skin.

All images courtesy of Tawnie Simpson.

Tawnie Simpson is a Senior Editing, Writing, and Media student at Florida State University. She enjoys (needs) a good cup of cold brew, she comes from a small town nobody knows called "about an hour south of Tampa" and she is often mistaken for 10-year-old Lindsay Lohan, but she's not complaining.
Her Campus at Florida State University.