10 Things to Do With Your Leftover Halloween Candy

1. Freeze It

Freeze chocolates and add them to milkshakes, sundaes, ice cream and plain cookie dough. For a quick and delicious milkshake: Add Butterfingers or Snickers bars to ice cream or frozen yogurt and milk—maybe even throw a banana in there, too!

2. DIY Trail Mix

This is a simple and fun way to use up that extra Halloween candy. Use little bags of peanut and regular M&Ms, Reese Pieces and any other chocolates you have. Add some dried fruit, nuts and pretzels and you’ll have a delicious trail mix to take to class.

3. Put Chocolates in Your Coffee

Forget the Starbucks Frappuccino, add some chocolate to your coffee or hot cocoa and you’ll have yourself a homemade mocha.

4. Keep Some in Your Backpack

It’s getting towards the end of the semester and we’re all tired and stressed. Treat yourself to a little pick me up while in class or the library, I promise it will help.

5. Use It for Holiday Décor

Save your candy to decorate a fun gingerbread house, make homemade Christmas ornaments or decorate Christmas cookies.

Courtesy: Huffington Post

6. Twix Popcorn

Melt some Twix candy and drizzle it over some popcorn; the perfect salty-sweet snack. This would also work with Reese Cups, Snickers, Milky Way—the possibilities are endless.

7. Skittles Paint

All those extra Skittles can turn into a surprisingly bright DIY watercolor paint. Half the fun is just making the paint, but the glossy, bright finish makes for a cool finished product.

8. Pair With Some Wine

Chocolate and wine equals the perfect combination. Make a plate with some crackers, cheese and various chocolates and you’ll have yourself a wine party.

9. Homemade Caramel Apples

Dip some apples in caramel and add chocolates like Snickers, Twix or Butterfingers!

10. Donate it

Consider donating your unopened candy to organizations like Operation Shoebox, Operation Gratitude or Ronald McDonald House charities. You can also call local soup kitchens, homeless shelters and nursing homes to see if they accept candy.

Alexis is a senior this year at Florida State University. She is pursuing a degree in Psychology with minors in education and child development. She loves trail running, spending time with her family and amazing boyfriend Blake, watching netflix and eating massive amounts of peanut butter. You can find her on Facebook and Instagram @lexie_cullen.
Her Campus at Florida State University.