Spring Break. The well-deserved break that every college student needs to escape the hustle and bustle of campus and take a breather. Whether you’re lying on the beach this spring break, going to a ski resort, or simply just relaxing at home, these must-haves are essential for you to have the best spring break ever. 

Sunscreen 

If you’re going somewhere sunny, you definitely need some sunscreen. Even if you’re trying to get tan or don’t feel yourself getting burned, it is very important to frequently apply sunscreen. 

The perfect playlist 

Many people travel during spring break. If you’re going on a long road trip, or simply just hanging out at the beach, you definitely need a playlist to boost your spring break mood.

Budget 

Often times on spring break, people go crazy spending money. Make sure you are budgeting as you go. You don’t want to return even more broke than when you left!

Good book 

Spring break is the perfect time to start that read you’ve had on your desk since summer ended. Take some time for yourself, hit the beach, and relax reading your new favorite book. 

New Netflix show

Spring Break is the perfect time to start binging a new show or catch up on old shows. Either way, it’s a good way to relax and decompress. 

Sunglasses 

No spring break is complete without a cool new pair of sunglasses! Check out Target for the latest styles. 

New Bathing Suit

Treat yourself this Spring Break! If you’re hitting the beach, go ahead and buy a new bathing suit. Make sure to be on the lookout for this season’s trends. There are tons of affordable, cute options out there!

Aloe Vera 

If you’re traveling anywhere sunny this Spring Break, you’re going to want to invest in some Aloe. Even if you don’t think you’ll need it, trust me, you will. Aloe makes everything feel so much better after a long day in the sun. 

Reusable Water Bottle

Stay hydrated this spring break! Make sure to carry around a reusable water bottle to stay healthy and hydrated!

Healthy diet 

We all know that around Spring Break, people start eating salad and fruit as opposed to chicken tenders and French fries. If you want to eat healthily, try meal prepping! This can be an easy thing to do when you have time, and then you have all your meals planned out for the rest of the week. It also helps out when you get bored and start eyeing a bag of chips. 

Itinerary

A good itinerary is key on spring break! This will make sure your trip is planned adequately. 

Big Beach Bag 

If you’re hitting the beach at all this spring break, make sure you have a large tote bag. Inside you can keep all your essentials. 

A Day to Decompress 

If you’re traveling this Spring Break, make sure to give yourself a day to decompress before going back to work or school. 

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest!

Sarah is a Sophomore at Florida State University, pursuing a degree in Advertising and Hospitality. In her free time, she enjoys going to concerts and taking pictures.
Her Campus at Florida State University.