dan gold 6P 1ba qWDI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
dan gold 6P 1ba qWDI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Songs to Listen to When He’s Acting Up

He did it again. He messed up. He responded to only one of your six points in your page-long paragraph, he’s taking six hours to reply and he’s replying with one word answers like “lol” and “yeah” (I see you’ve really been working on expanding that vocabulary, Jacob).

Whatever he’s doing, you’re fed up and rightfully so. These 10 empowering jams are sure to remind you of the boss babe you are. So grab some headphones, put on your hottest outfit and get ready to show that man what he’s missing out on.  

Courtesy: Giphy

1. “Irreplaceable” by Beyoncé

This song is a perfect reminder that there are plenty of fish in the sea. If he isn’t replying, you’ll find another guy who will. You’re a catch, and if he doesn’t see that, then that’s his loss.

Best Lyric: “I can have another you in a minute, matter fact, he’ll be here in a minute.”

2. “Not Your Barbie Girl” by Ava Max

This interesting take on the song “Barbie Girl” by an up-and-coming artist has a fresh, bold attitude that will have you hyping yourself up. Take yourself on a dinner date. Buy yourself flowers.

Best Lyric: “Not your barbie girl I’m living in my own world, I ain’t plastic, call me classic.”

3. “Comeback” by Ella Eyre

We’ve all received one of those “I miss you” and “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it” texts from our exes or current significant others after they messed up. But sometimes, sorry doesn’t cut it, and the words ‘I miss you’ can get old.

Best Lyric: “You know that in time you will find that they always come back.”

4. “You’re Such A” by Hailee Steinfeld

This song is great for when you need to let out some anger. Try listening to it before you send a stream of mad texts you can’t take back.

Best Lyric: “Did you think that I would let you crawl right back into my bedroom, after everything we’ve been through?”

5. “You & Me” by Marc E. Bassy

This song is all about embodying a new, independent outlook after a breakup. It’s got an upbeat vibe despite being really emotional, so it’s a perfect jam for when you’re feeling down.

Best Lyric: “If we bump into each other on a crowded street, it’s not us no more, it’s just you and me.”

6. “Problem” by Ariana Grande ft. Iggy Azalea

Relationships are hard. They require a lot of effort and sometimes cause more issues than are worth it. Academics, working and maintaining a social life are enough to balance without having to worry about whether or not a guy is into you or not.

Best Lyric: “I got ninety-nine problems, but you won’t be one.”

7. “You Don’t Own Me” by Lesley Gore

Lesley Gore was not messing around when she sang this song. She won’t let any man tell her how to act, and neither should you! The only person who should control your actions is you.

Best Lyric: “You don’t own me, I’m not just one of your many toys.”

8. “Run the World (Girls)” by Beyoncé​

Of course, I had to include another Beyoncé song. She’s the queen of female empowerment and teaching women to be able to be independent. This song is a reminder that girls, well, run the world.

Best Lyric: “Who run the world? Girls!”

9. “Woman” by Kesha

A wise woman named Leslie Knope once said, “ovaries before brovaries.” A girls night out is just as fun if not more fun than a night out with your boyfriend. You can let loose and don’t have to worry about your appearance being immaculate the whole night.

Best Lyric: “Don’t buy me a drink, I make my money, don’t touch my weave, don’t call me ‘honey.’”

10. “Bye Bye Bye” by NSync

If your man really messed up this time and you’re ready to end it for good, this might be the best song to listen to on repeat. Delete his number, delete those texts and delete those cute pictures in your camera roll. It’s time to say goodbye to the past.

Best Lyric: “I wanna see you out that door, baby bye, bye, bye.”

Corrine Bresky is a first year studying criminology and psychology at Florida State university. She is from Port Charlotte, FL, the hometown of the most retirement homes (or at least that’s what it feels like to her). She is often compared to the famous actress Kathryn Hahn, and Corrine can often be found rollerblading ferociously between her classes.
Her Campus at Florida State University.