10 Songs to Kick-Start Your Day

Those Monday morning blues…we all have them. Usually solved by a cup of coffee or early morning gym sesh, that AM funk can also be solved with a concert starring you! Music has a unique way of stimulating our brains and I usually find that listening to a boppin’ playlist is such a mood booster. If you find this relatable in any way, then keep reading to discover ten new songs that you HAVE to add to your shower playlist. I physically cannot take a shower without synching up to my Bose speaker and turning the volume up loud.

1. Stardust by New Politics

You know those random songs that you just happen to find and you don’t know how you were so incredibly lucky you were to stumble upon them? Well, this song is one of those. You’re welcome for giving you this song, you can thank me later.

2. The Middle by Zedd

Zedd is probably one of my favorite artists! Listening to this song will transport you right to a music festival even though you’re landlocked in Tallahassee getting ready for 8 a.m. baby bio.

3. Rolex by Ayo & Teo

Okay, you may make fun of me for this one but you literally cannot listen to this song and not dance. Dancing is an immediate response, you can’t help it. That is why this song is on every one of my playlists; you gotta make it interesting.

Courtesy: YouTube

4. 8TEEN by Khalid

Khalid is one of the homies. He’s younger than most of us and already famous af. If I had to pick one song by Khalid it would be this one, one that describes his life as a teen in such a cool way. Love you bro.

5. Jungle by Tash Sultana

Now this song may be a little bit of a curveball for some of you but trust me on this one, Tash Sultana is a genius. At only 22 years old she has completely made a name for herself as a one-woman band and can play over 20 instruments. You definitely won’t be disappointed by Tash.

Courtesy: tashsultana.com

6. Misery Business by Paramore

Paramore is such an eighth grade gem. Middle school wouldn’t be complete without all of her rock jams and I know we are all inspired by her hard core GIRL POWER! Be sure to never leave this one off the playlist.

7. Faking it by Calvin Harris, Kehlani & Lil Yachty

Kehlani always kills the game and slays this song with Calvin Harris and Lil Yachty. Faking it will make you want to dance and hit up the club before breakfast.

8. Classic by MKTO

This may be a little bit of a throwback but this song definitely kicks your day off right. It starts right off with a catchy beat, something that wipes the sleep from your eyes and jolts you awake!

9. Show Me Love feat. Chance the Rapper

With so many people contributing to this Skrillex remix like Hundred Waters, Chance the Rapper, and Robin Hannibal this song is one of the OG bops.

10. Africa by Toto

Last one best one, right? This song was released in 1982 and is literally still one of the best songs ever. The 80’s vibe totally comes through and it is so important to add an actual throwback on the best playlist ever.

I hope these songs make your morning routine a lot more fun and encourage you to whip out your dance moves as you’re applying your concealer. Remember, you can conquer anything with a little courage and some pump up jams. Have fun!

As a rising senior at Florida State University, Jenna loves to play Ultimate Frisbee, write, run, read, edit and everything in between. She is a current Lifestyle intern at Her Campus in Boston and is currently discovering the city girl she never knew she was. She is so open to new people and experiences and is excited to see what the world has to offer. Also, dogs. 
Her Campus at Florida State University.