10 Netflix Originals Premiering in 2016

Love

Courtesy: YouTube

Premiering: Friday, February 19

A modern take on relationship and love, this comedy follows Gus (Paul Rust) and Mickey (Gillian Jacobs) as they try to navigate through the ups and downs of commitment and intimacy in the 21st century. 

Fuller House

Courtesy: ComingSoon.net

Premiering: Friday, February 26

In the long-awaited return to one of the 1990s’ most loved sitcoms, the original cast reunites (sans the Olsen twins) to tell the story in D.J Tanner-Fuller’s (Candace Cameron-Bure) eyes as she tries to handle raising three kids with the help of her best friend Kimmy (Andrea Barber) and younger sister Stephanie (Jodie Sweeten). 

Marvel’s Daredevil (Season 2)

Courtesy: ComingSoon.net

Premiering: Friday, March 18

Following the world of Hell’s Kitchen, Mathew Murdock is the one devil you want on your side. This season of Daredevil is a must see; a new suit, more crime and possibly a couple of Marvel universe cross-overs could be in the mix.

The Ranch

Courtesy: Variety

Premiering: Friday, April 1

If you’re a fan of That ‘70s Show, then you’ll love this. Following Colt’s (Ashton Kutcher) return home after a failed attempt to get a career in football, he returns to his family’s ranching business that is led by his older brother (Danny Masterson) and his father (Sam Elliott).

Grace & Frankie (Season 2)

Courtesy: Netflix

Premiering: Friday, May 6

With a hilarious and effortless cast, this show follows the hardships of two women (Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin) finding out their husbands (Martin Sheen and Sam Waterston) are leaving them to marry each other. Starting out as barely acquaintances, they soon turn into a dynamic duo as they try to understand their new meaning of family.   

Stranger Things

Courtesy: Netflix

Premiering: Friday, July 15

Characterized as a Sci-fi thriller, this show is bound to give you a fright or two. Focused on the disappearance of a young boy, his mother (Winona Ryder) is forced to confront horrifying supernatural forces and a mystery involving top secret experiments.

The Get Down

Courtesy: Auditions Free

Premiering: Friday, August 12

Focused on the 1970s streets of New York City, this show follows a young crew of South Bronx teenagers as the start of hip-hop, disco and punk were born within the bankrupted walls of the city.

The Crown

Courtesy: YouTube

Premiering: TBA

This bio-series focuses on Queen Elizabeth II as a recently wed 25-year-old who has the realization that she is now the face and reigning monarch of England. Exploring not only her public life but also her private world, the viewer will be able to watch building political rivalries and personal problems across 10 years of the young Queen’s life.  

Marvel’s Luke Cage

Courtesy: Ranker

Premiering: TBA

Making the Marvel world slightly bigger in the Netflix community, Luke Cage (Mike Colter) is getting his own show to grow and expand on his character.

A Series of Unfortunate Events

Courtesy: Tumblr

Premiering: TBA

A much-awaited arrival to the Netflix community, A Series of Unfortunate Events is based on the novels by Daniel Handler, better known by his pen name, Lemony Snicket, and follows the stories of three orphaned children who have to overcome the extremities and abnormalities of their new “father,” as they try to uncover the real reason behind their parents’ unfortunate deaths. 

Tara Lawson-Corley is a Florida State University graduate. She majored in Retail Merchandising & Product Development with the goal of someday working for a fitness driven retail company. Hopefully later on she will be able to own her own successful fitness boutique or at least that's the dream. Tara enjoys the occasional Netflix binge, reading numerous fashion magazines, and finding new and exciting ways to workout.
Her Campus at Florida State University.