10 Essential Songs You Need on Your Road Trip Playlist

With Spring Break here and summer approaching, there are a few songs that you definitely need on your road trip playlist. Regardless of your taste in music, these are some classics that everyone in the car will sing along with.

1. “Livin On A Prayer” by Bon Jovi

Honestly, this classic song should be on every playlist. When you’re driving and starting to drift off, this will offer the much-needed pick me up to get you through your drive. It’s a song that everyone in the car will appreciate.

2. “Best Day of My Life” by American Authors

If I’m being honest, I always forget about this song. However, it has an upbeat tempo and the memorable lyrics offer everyone in the car a chance to sing along.

3. “Sweet Caroline” by Neil Diamond

Hands down, this is the best karaoke song ever. Even better, this song is perfect to scream along to when you’re on a road trip. It’s guaranteed that everyone in the car knows the lyrics and will definitely enjoy listening to this classic a time or two… or ten.

4. “Tongue Tied” by Grouplove

While this song will always make of me think of the video of Post Malone singing the lyrics, it’s another must on your playlist. This 2012 bop was Grouplove’s first number one single, and still remains just as popular today.

5. “Keep Your Head Up” by Andy Grammer

2010, the year that gave us Pretty Little Liars and the Apple iPad, also gave us this staple song to jam to. If you haven’t seen the interactive music video, you need to check it out! It’s been heavily praised by fans and artists for the creativity behind it.

6. “Hey Ya!” by Outkast

Though it’s been sixteen years since its release, this song continues to remain just as iconic as ever. It’s even more special if you were fortunate to see Outkast preform it live at Doak After Dark this past year.

7. “Don’t Stop Me Now” by Queen

This song was iconic before the movie Bohemian Rhapsody came out but is now most certainly a staple for a long car ride. This is easily another sing-along that you must add to your playlist.

8. “Any Way You Want” by Journey

While any classic rock song is bound to be a popular choice with everyone in the car, “Any Way You Want” by Journey is undoubtedly a standout.

9. “Old Time Rock & Roll” by Bob Seger

It’s hard to not listen to this and slide around in your socks like Tom Cruise, so make sure to include this on your playlist. The cheery rhythm without a doubt gets everyone in the car up and moving.

10. “Life is a Highway” by Rascal Flatts

I swear every single Rascal Flatts song is made to be listened to during a road trip, but for a little extra fun sneak this single onto your playlist. It’s another staple song that people of all ages will enjoy.

Here’s a link to an amazing 13-hour road trip playlist that a few friends and I created for our Spring Break trip. Also, a shout out to my brother from another mother, Mike, for adding on some killer songs that we totally forgot about. It features everything from classic rock jams to Travis Scott and even the Jonas Brother’s new single. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

All gifs courtesy of Giphy.

FSU '22

Her Campus at Florida State University.