Fall is officially here and we know what that means. Multicolored colored leaves fall from the trees, the holidays are near, UGG boots swarm the streets and pumpkin spice is in abundance. If fall truly had its own street team, here are the reasons why you’d wish you joined sooner:  

1. ABC’s 13 Nights of Halloween

We get to have our daily dose of thrill with back-to-back airings of our favorite, seasonal movies. Though we are able to recite these backward and forward and probably be casted for the part ourselves, they truly do never get old.

2. Pumpkin flavored everything.

Pumpkin candles, pumpkin Pringles, pumpkin bar soap and even pumpkin Jell-O. I’ve seen it all. As Halloween approaches, the world becomes awash with pumpkin spice, making the trend bigger than ever along with the Starbucks lines. No matter what anyone says, we can never have too much.

3. Fall attire

Fall calls for the perfect excuse to show up to class in the biggest oversized hoodie and baggiest pair of sweatpants you own. Copious amounts of fringe, flannel and flair swarm the shelves and we all somehow end up trying to imitate the looks of Gossip Girl in our warm, yet so called chilly weather. Whether it’s Ugg boots or combat boots, flannel or fringe, these fall fads are truly a necessity. We have to stay warm somehow, right?

4. Autumn leaves

Fall colors are wonderful and so is the changing of leaves. If you’re lucky enough to witness this and jump in a pile or two, be sure to cherish every moment for those residing along the southeast don’t have this glorious opportunity. If only we had piles of multicolored leaves to jump in, in Florida.

5. New TV shows

Put a hold on your Hulu and Netflix accounts because the greatest, most anticipated season premieres of your favorite shows are beginning to air.

6. Straight hair

We all enjoy a nice, sunny afternoon but when the humidity strikes, we regret the immense amounts of hours we spent perfecting our hair that day. That’s the great thing about fall and the frigid temperatures it brings. A day without having to give yourself endless straight ends, what could be better?

7. Thanksgiving  

Oh the joys of thanksgiving. It’s the one time of the year everyone unites with their families to share just how thankful they are to be with each other and to be in the presence of delicious food.

8. Daylight savings time

Since most of us don’t sleep more than seven hours a night anyway, this truly is the moment to appreciate the fall season. Who doesn’t enjoy an extra hour of sleep?

9. No Shave November

Get ready to monitor your social media and for the endless amounts of compliments to come, because this may just be the most entertaining time (and holiday) of the year. The competition is in full effect and so are the progression photos going from human to caveman real quick.

10. Football

Fall means football season is back, which also means football snacks. What were we even doing with our Sundays before this?

All photos courtesy: giphy.com

Jordana is a recent graduate of The Florida State University with a Bachelor of Science in public relations. She aspires to work in public relations and digital media in New York City. She is well-versed in pop culture, social media management, press release writing and content creation. Originally from Coral Springs, Florida, Jordana enjoys writing, networking and spending time outdoors. On most days, you can find her researching industry trends, Tweeting and scavenging the internet for new music, ODESZA and Beyonce tunes to be specific. Stay in tune with her daily whereabouts via Twitter: @JordanaJudson.   
Her Campus at Florida State University.