Grizzly Champions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Franklin chapter.

With a winning record of 25-3, the Franklin College Lady Griz Basketball team was very successful and through hard work and determination they made it to the NCAA Division III tournament.

This was their 7thappearance in the tournament and the 6thtime they have been the Heartland Conference Champions. This year Franklin was the host and champion of the conference tournament, which made many of the girls excited to be playing on their home court.

The theme for the season was “Be you, because you is damn good.” An air of comfort on the court shone through as the Lady Griz won time after time. Freshman Lindsey Dall said that the best game they played was against Hanover at home, not only because of the win but the atmosphere. “Everyone is always excited, loud, and pumped for that game. It really helps us on the court.”

Several of the Lady Griz have been honored with awards for their excellence on the court. Senior Sarah Condra was named the Heartland Conference MVP, junior Jess Prewett was picked for First Team All-Conference, and senior Kasey Dollens, sophomores Krista Schott and Krista Beaman were awarded Honorable Mention All-Conference.

Kati Graber is a junior at Franklin College and is pursuing a Journalism/Public Realations major with a minor in sociology. She is very excited to be one of the two co-founders of Her Campus Franklin College! Kati is a member of the Indiana Alpha chapter of Pi Beta Phi and is also part of the school's student entertainment board. When she manages to find free time she often spends it hanging out with her sisters, shopping or reading a good book.