What to Do When Everything is Due

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

This past week I had at least one assignment or project due every day, and even some days having three things due. To cope with the stress that this week brought, this is how I dealt with it:

1. Plan Everything Out

The first thing that I always do when I have an assignment is write it down in my phone and planner. I like to have it in both of these spots just in case. It is so satisfying after you finish a task to be able to cross it off. It is also nice to see everything mapped out, so you can plan out the week with tasks that should take priority over others.

2. Take Time for Yourself

I know it may seem like there is no extra time to take to just chill out, but there can be. Even if you take just a half hour to take a nap or watch an episode of Friends, it can really help to calm the stress you are feeling. You should also make sure you are eating and not just skipping meals to get everything finished in time.

3. Get Plenty of Sleep

It may feel like there are not enough hours in the day, but some of those hours should be used for sleeping. We’ve all stayed up late to do assignments or even pull all-nighters. This may happen once or twice in a week, but it should not be an every night occurrence. We need sleep to function and perform at our best. If we are not sleeping enough, the work that we are turning in may not be the best work that we can do.

Rachel Smith

Framingham '18

Former Co-Campus Correspondent; Graduated 2018; Fashion Merchandising Major with Communication Arts Minor; Dance Team, Fashion Club, Her Campus, and Peer Mentor