We Don’t Rally, We Marathon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

Most people don’t “celebrate” Marathon Monday, let alone know what that day means to any college or university on the route of the marathon. On the morning of the marathon, we all head down to the route before the roads close and get set up in our usual corner spot in downtown Framingham. The weather wasn’t the best this year, but usually everyone wears American gear, FSU t-shirts, or Boston Marathon jackets. It’s always best to go for something comfy yet cute!

It is one of my favorite days, because it is just such a celebration for the runners and everyone from the school being together. It’s such a special day for the runners and I think that everyone that comes down to cheer them on really feeds off that energy and gives it back! Marathon Monday is such an inclusive day where students who normally wouldn’t ever go to parties together all hang out and just enjoy the day. This year there was a larger police presence there to make sure that no one was getting out of control. It was overwhelming at times, because even though drinking is involved everyone is just there to have a good time and it was damped by having to pour drinks out. Regardless of that and the downpour that everyone was enduring, the day is just a unique day to spend with friends and cheer on the amazing runners.

Rachel Smith

Framingham '18

Former Co-Campus Correspondent; Graduated 2018; Fashion Merchandising Major with Communication Arts Minor; Dance Team, Fashion Club, Her Campus, and Peer Mentor