This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

1) Look in the mirror and give yourself compliments. It’s always nice to get compliments from other people, but we don’t need to sit around waiting for someone to give them when we have ourselves to give them anytime, anywhere and any day! We are always talking about how we need to be kind to others, but we don’t allow ourselves to be kind to our own beings often, which is important for our self-esteem.

2) Give yourself motivational gestures or a positive talk. Give yourself a small speech of how well your day, week or semester will be. And always remember to talk to yourself positively. Tell yourself “you got this” when the days are hard and “at least you tried” when you fail. Don’t be afraid to change the negatives into positives. Always remind yourself, you are a beautiful human being!

3) Take time for yourself and enjoy it. We are so busy in our everyday schedules that we often forget to take time for ourselves. It is important to take time to recharge and do something that we like or just time for ourselves. Never feel guilty for giving yourself a break, you deserve it.

4) Wear what makes you feel comfortable and confident. As hard as it is to not care what other people think, it is more important to feel comfortable in your own skin. Wear what you like and what you are comfortable in and feel good about it. For those judging, lay back and give other people a break. Don’t make others feel how you wouldn’t want to feel about yourself.

5) Forgive yourself. If you are holding on to any regrets or mistakes in the past, leave them there. It is hard sometimes not to bring them along with us, but when we do they weigh us down. Free yourselves from those weights and let go. It is okay to forgive yourself. We all make mistakes, it is a part of living.

6) Allow yourself to be happy. Most of the time the only thing holding you back from being happy is yourself. We often chose to only notice the negative things in our lives and think negatively towards ourselves. Instead of thinking and noticing all the negatives in our lives, we need to try thinking of the positives. You deserve to think highly of yourself and feel good about who you are. Don’t bring yourself down, lift yourself up!

7) Love who you are. Don’t be afraid to love yourself. If we learn to love ourselves, then we won’t need to constantly depend on love from others and we will feel perfectly content with who we are.