This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

Relief

Finally moved out of the dorm and all of your finals are over with! You have the whole summer to do whatever you want! Time to plan beach days, road trips, vacations, anything your heart desires.

Boredom

So, so far your summer expectations have not been met. There’s been a lack of adventure and more scrolling through Twitter in your living room. Perhaps you’ve set them too high, or money’s tight, or people are just too busy. You’re already tired of being home and kind of have an itch to go back to school.

The Routine

If you have a summer job, you clock in at the same time every day and it may feel like your work days are same old, same old. If you’re keeping it low key at home for the summer, you might be used to staying up late and sleeping until noon.  It feels like the summer edition of Groundhog Day, except there’s no plot. At this point in the summer, you’re just in a haze.

Contentment

The routine gets comfortable after a while. As long as you’re not in school, you’re totally fine with what you’re doing. It feels goo again to work at your summer job or hang around the house. Finally, summer feels like what it’s supposed to feel like: relaxing.

Back to School

Three months felt more like three days and you have no idea how. Now I need to worry about textbooks and packing again. Where did the summer go?!

Graduate from Framingham State University. Communication Arts major, and Writing minor. Former Co-Campus Correspondent of HC Framingham and current After College writer! I'm passionate about tv shows, comedy, music, and cheese fries and take them all very seriously.