etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Spring Break Switch Ups

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

So you weren’t able to book that flight to France with your family or get that road trip going around the States with the girls. Now you’re stuck at home babysitting or working just to pass the week by until you have to go back to school. Well, fear not! Here is my guide to switching up the clothes you pack for home and turning them into your dream destinations!

1.      The Parisian Work Outfit

Who wouldn’t want to spend their spring break in Paris?? For those of us who are classic broke college students, we can only dream. I know a lot of people who are going home to spend the entire break working. I thought this would be a good look for work because it is professional yet you can really see the Parisian influences. I paired a black jumpsuit with blush-toned lace-up flats and pearls. I also added my nude colored bag to tie the palate together. In Parisian culture, their looks are always very put together and well thought out so this is the perfect outfit for daydreaming about the Eiffel Tower while ringing people out at the register.

2.      Tropical Workout Outfit

You want to be relaxing on a warm, tropical island, but instead, you are in a hot, sweaty gym. Beach season is coming up and with the warm weather happening recently it has people frequenting the gym more and more. But say you’re not a regular at the gym and would rather be sunbathing sipping a cocktail than doing any physical activity. Well, this outfit should help you get through those workout blues. By wearing bright colors like the track jacket and patterns like on the leggings it helps you feel energized and more motivated! Pair these with black basics like the sneakers and sports bra and you’re ready to go!

3.      Party at Grandma’s House Outfit

Your friends invited you to a party, but you promised your grandmother that you would spend some time with her. This outfit is the best of both worlds with these fun boots that are toned down by pairing them with basics. To make the outfit softer and not too harsh for brunch with Nana I would wear a pink lipstick and carry a pink clutch. These pops of color would be just enough to add visual interest to the outfit without being too distracting. If there is enough time left in the day this look could easily go straight to the party! Side Note: My Nana and my Grandmother both think these boots are very stylish and love them so don’t be afraid to rock a fun shoe with the older generations!

4.      Volunteer Babysitter Outfit

This outfit is for those who wanted to make a difference whether it is rebuilding homes for those affected by hurricanes, helping out an animal shelter, or working to clean up our nation’s oceans. Even though you may not be able to do these things where you wanted to this spring break, right now you can definitely make a difference in some child’s life you are babysitting! I chose this look because it would be perfect for helping that child build a little garden in the backyard for their family or having a paint day to make artwork for children who may be sick in the hospital. This outfit allows you to get dirty with a t-shirt, loose fitting jeans, and old sneakers. I would also suggest wearing a bandana as a headband! Building a garden or having a paint day can be really great activities for the kids while also helping others. 

5.      At Home Adventurer Outfit

Think about your hometown. Do you really know every inch of it? If you plan on your spring break being boring and consisting of sitting on the couch binge watching Netflix then why not get out and do something! Go adventuring in your own town and just explore places you’ve driven by, but never really had the chance to stop and look. Go stop at that little café that’s been there for years that you’ve never gone in. Just go get out and create a fun spring break 2016 memory for yourself! This outfit I’ve put together is the perfect versatile exploring outfit. I chose the leggings for comfort and mobility. The boots are for any rocky terrain you may encounter, but look cute as well. For the top, I decided to go with a ¾ length shirt to keep you warm but also keep you cool. I then finished off the look with a green raincoat for rainy days, a backpack to collect things you may find along your journey and sunglasses for eye protection.

Whatever it is you are doing this spring break remember to have fun, stay safe, and make some memories! Hopefully, you can incorporate some of these looks in your week!  

Rachel Smith

Framingham '18

Former Co-Campus Correspondent; Graduated 2018; Fashion Merchandising Major with Communication Arts Minor; Dance Team, Fashion Club, Her Campus, and Peer Mentor