Spooky Halloween Movies to Watch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.
  1. Halloween

An oldie, but a goodie. Halloween focuses on a women being haunted by an entity that seems to just want her blood. Like all other classic horror movies, this movie has moments in which you find yourself screaming at the movie and then covering your eyes when literally nothing is happening. Plus, a young Jamie Lee Curtis is always interesting to watch.

1. V/H/S

Unlike any other horror movie released recently, this movie is separated into different plot lines. The plot lines are about people who are videotaping themselves and then of course all dying. However, the way they die, who dies and why they die are all different from each other. If you feel in the mood to watch an anthology of horror movies this is your go to.

1. Hocus Pocus

A Halloween list would be nothing without this classic. Although it’s featured on Disney Channel, that doesn’t take away how amazing and low-key creepy it is. It has funny sisters and a talking cat, with some underline adult humor (the word tatas ring a bell to some?). Overall, Halloween isn’t over until this show stops running.

1. Train to Busan

Now for those who have watched foreign films, we know that there is a level of horror factor that they bring that American horror movies don’t deliver. This movie is Korean, and for those who don’t like subtitles, this movie is worth it. Try to think of what you would do if there were zombies on your train and if you got off the train there were even more zombies. Now try imagining having a pregnant woman, a obnoxious 8 year old and of course a 80 year old grandma with you. Can’t think of a scenario where that would work? Watch this movie and see if they do. Plus, the leading man is an amazing actor.

1. Raw

Now, this is one is, in my opinion, the most intense and difficult one to watch of ALL horror movies that I’ve seen (granted I don’t go out of my way to see a lot of gory nightmare inducing movies). This movie shows the extreme and highly unrealistic image of a devoted vegetarian eating meat for the first time. This meat prompts her to want to eat more eat…like 2 legs walking and says “sup” kind of meat.