This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

Let’s be honest, how many of us would use Instagram if we were not able to constantly post photos of our pets? The following dog owners love their canine friends so much, they made them their own accounts to show them off to the world! If you need more photogenic pups on your feed, check out these six dogs below and get following!

1. Marnie The Dog (@marniethedog)

If there is one single dog you should be following on Instagram, it is Marnie. Now a 12-year old Shih Tzu, Marnie was rescued from a shelter in Connecticut at age ten. During her stay at the shelter, she was originally named “Stinky,” but her loving new mom decided Marnie, after Marnie Stern, was a much better fit. Marnie’s Instagram consists of photos of her wandering around her home in New York City; she can be seen in shopping carts, tote bags, walking down the street, and even occasionally on store shelves. Marnie has over 1.8 million followers on Instagram and it is easy to see why-her signature head tilt and naturally long tongue cause her to be unbearably cute! Follow her to see her adventures, and maybe even some special celebrity guests!

2. Tuna (@tunameltsmyheart)

A rescue dog and a chiweenie – what more could you want in an adorable dog Instagram? Tuna was adopted in 2010 and his owner decided in 2012 to dedicate an Instagram account to him. Amazingly, Tuna now has over 1.5 million followers! His owner attributes this to people falling in love with and embracing his physical differences; his overbite and “shrivel neck” have been said to remind them that true beauty comes from within. It also helps that his cartoon-like appearance makes any photo of him melt your heart!

3. Whoofy Goldberg (@whoofygoldberg)

Whoofy is a one year old French bulldog from Long Island, New York. She was originally owned by Girl Code star and comedienne, Carly Aquilino, who unfortunately had to put Whoofy up for adoption upon finding out her boyfriend, Pete Davidson of S.N.L. fame, was allergic. While the account may not be updated as frequently as it was, Whoofy’s new owners continue to post pictures of Whoofy with hilarious captions that you will have to send to all of your friends!

4. Norbert (@norbertthedog)

Norbert’s Instagram bio reads, “I’m a 3-lb registered therapy dog, children’s book author & philanthropist. I also give pretty good high-fives.” He has now been a registered therapy dog for five years and the story of how he became a therapy dog is the basis of his book, Norbert: What Can Little Me Do? Norbert has since been the star of two more books, including one featuring feline Internet celebrity Lil Bub. If you love videos of fluffy dogs giving high fives, Norbert’s account is one you should follow.

5. Daisy (@underbiteunite)

Tuna may have an overbite, but Daisy’s underbite is equally adorable! Daisy is five years old and is believed to be a Brussel’s griffon/Terrier mix. Daisy is the epitome of an underdog who has managed to beat all odds. She was born with dislocated back hips, elbows, and right shoulder. While Daisy is able to walk without assistance, she has used a wheelchair for the majority of her life. Recently, Daisy has been fitted with custom prosthetic legs and has been practicing using them. It is impossible to scroll past a photo of Daisy using her new legs without smiling ear to ear. Follow her adventures for inspiration to overcome your own struggles in your daily life. If Daisy can succeed, so can you!

6. Doug The Pug (@itsdougthepug)

At only three years old, Doug is the most followed pug on the Internet. He has over 717,000 Instagram followers and his Facebook likes total over 2.3 million. Doug’s photos feature him attending various events from concerts and talk shows, to hangout sessions with celebrities! Doug frequently posts parody pictures of him dressed as various celebrities, such as Will Smith in a video titled “Fresh Pug of Bel Air,” which are guaranteed to make you laugh.

More commonly known as Katy, I am a senior marketing major at Framingham State University. I enjoy long walks to the dessert section of the dining commons, reading into The Wonder Years lyrics, and adding to my growing collection of All Time Low t-shirts (the current count is 26). If you need me, I'm probably napping.
Marissa is a senior psychology major and photography minor at Framingham State University. She is an Academic Success Peer Tutor, SDA in the dorms. She is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Framingham and a Chapter Advisor. When she is not daydreaming, Marissa enjoys binge-watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Hulu and sleeping.